Chapter 17

Chapter 17

            “Ugh…” The residents hopped off the bus in front of Seattle Grace hospital.

            “Those questions were evil…I’m so glad it’s over with.”Jacksonsighed in relief. April quickly got off the bus and headed to the bathroom. The other four stood outside the door constantly refreshing their phone in hopes the boards had posted their scores.

            “It’s midnight! Why aren’t they up yet?” Cristina groaned, but right as she asked Meredith gasped.

            “I passed!” Everyone looked at her and then Cristina followed with,

            “I passed too!” Jackson and Alex were still refreshing their

“I passed! I passed!”Jacksonyelled out, all that was left was for Alex and April to declare that they passed, but April still wasn’t out of the bathroom.

“Mine won’t load!” Alex said a bit frustrated.

“Here, use mine.”Jacksonhanded him his phone. After one click of the refresh button, Alex smiled.

“Haha! I passed!” All four residents began doing the “passed” dance, but suddenly they stopped.

“I didn’t pass…” they heard a voice and when they turned around they saw April standing there upset.

The next day when they went in for work, Cristina was presented with gift baskets from different hospitals groveling for her to do a fellowship with them.

“I’ve practically got them begging on their knees for me.” Cristina said with a cocky attitude.

“Good for you. While you’re getting people groveling for you, I’m stuck here becauseArizonahasn’t sent out any good word about me.” Alex complained.

“Well at least you guys all passed your boards.” April threw in which made everyone shut up.

            “Hey guys, it was quiet while you were gone. And you won’t BELIEVE what happened.” Lexie walked into the locker room and spoke quickly while she got dressed.

            “If it doesn’t have to do with a really awesome surgery, I’m not interested.” Cristina said as she grabbed the gift basket and shoved it into her locker. She then got up from the bench and left. Lexie sighed and turned to the other doctors.

            “I gotta get back to Mark, he’s probably gonna throw some fancy party for me.”Jacksonsaid as he left.

            “And I have to confrontArizona.” Alex soon left.

            “I have patients waiting.” Meredith said and left as well.

            “It seems to always be you and me.” April said as she sat on the bench trying not to be sad.

            “What’s the point of even talking? No one even wants to hear.”

            “Is it about Mark?” Lexie looked at her and nodded slightly,

            “I heard…” April softly said as she got up.

            “Yeah. I mean, he-he’s crazy for doing that, right?” April thought about it for a while,

            “Well I mean he loves him. Proposing is just the next step, right?” April grabbed her badge and headed towards the door.