It's not even Christmas part 7

*(Mitch's POV)*

I woke up to the sound of Scott's ring tone, I waited for Scott to get up and answer it but I forgot that he's a very heavy sleeper. After the fourth ring I got frustrated and got up to answer it.

"Hello?" I answered with a tired yet frustrated tone.

"Scott?" The voice on the other end asked.

"No it's Mitch. What do you want Avi?" I rubbed my eyes as I walked into the bathroom to not wake Scott up.

"Oh sorry, is he still sleeping? Did I wake you guys?" He asked with a little worry in his voice.

I sighed. "Yeah, you sort of woke me. Scott's still asleep" I was holding the phone between my shoulder and ear as I started taking off the bandages on my hand and inspecting the wound. It's gotten a lot better.

"Sorry Mitch, I was trying to wake Scott up, not you. I wanted you to get more rest after your stomach flu." He sounded sympathetic, he was just like momma bird Esther. Always looking out for us. No wonder they were siblings. "But anyways I wanted to let you guys know that Jonathan wants us to come in for a meeting at around 5, would you let Scott know?" I smiled as I turned on the shower.

"Yeah, no problem Avi. I'll tell him." I looked out the bathroom door to see if he was still asleep. I sighed when he was in the same position. "Thanks Mitch. See you guys later."

"Bye Avi." I hung up when I heard his goodbye.

I placed the phone on the counter and took off my boxers. I stepped into the warm shower, the steam clouded the mirror and I started singing. A couple minutes later I felt Scott walk up behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my shoulder.

I smiled. "Good morning blondie."

He chuckled lightly. "Good morning brunette." I turned around in his arms and kissed him tenderly, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer. The warm water poured down our bodies. I pulled away when I needed a breath.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked me as he grabbed the shampoo bottle and poured a small amount in his hand. I nodded and took the bottle from him to do the same. "I actually woke up because you forgot to put your phone on silent for the night." I started working the shampoo into my hair and lathering it up. "Oh sorry, did someone call?" He moved past me to stand under the water to wash the shampoo from his hair.

"Yeah, it was Avi. He wanted to tell us that we have a meeting tonight at 5."

"At Jonathan's place?" He asked as he grabbed the conditioner. "Yeah.......I think so......I didn't really ask, I'll just text him later." I went under the water to rinse my hair. After a couple more minutes of washing and maybe a little more make out sessions we were out of the shower and ready for breakfast.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked as I bent over to look inside the fridge. I heard him hum in thought as he put on a pot of coffee. "Ummm....how about an omelette?" I grabbed some eggs and vegetables from the fridge. "Sure, I can make that!"

I started making the food as Scott made the coffee. 20 minutes later we were seated on the couch eating our meals and watching spongebob peacefully.

At least it was peaceful, until we both turned our heads towards our bedroom door where Scott's ring tone blasted out loudly. "Hold on, I'll be right back." He patted my knee and stood up to grab his phone. I turned the volume on the television down. I continued eating for a bit listening to Scott's quiet mumbling from the other room.

Suddenly I heard a soft meowing sound. I stopped eating and dropped my fork on my plate. I looked around the apartment, there was nothing. I'm getting paranoid. It must have been the television. I shrugged and continued eating. Not even 10 seconds passed and I heard it again. It didn't sound like it was coming from the TV. I muted the television and looked around again. My eyes landed on the balcony. It was the cat from before. The cat that bit my hand.