#4 Baby don't like it

Baby don't like it

1:05 ───|────── 2:53

|◁ II ▷|

One glorious month. It's been almost one month since I've met them. I could say that in just one month, I get to appreciate all of them better. I can now bond with them well without getting mortally offended by their eccentric inside jokes that only in our clique will able to typically know.

All of them are already familiar to me. Well, except for one; except to Jaehyun. I thought he would be the second person that will be the closest to me after Taeyong but my hunch was wrong. After we fair-shared conversation and hang out together on our first day, he didn't talk to me again. It's as if what we had done did not happen at all; he's acting foolishly like that.

Nonetheless, my stay here in this school is more than okay. Taeyong and his friends are very accommodating and friendly to me.

"How's your one month having been in your school so far, Jen?"

I snapped viciously.

It's been forever since Mom and I talked to each other like this. She's frantically engaged with her works, but I comprehend her. She entails working to sustain our needs.

"I'm okay, Mommy. I'm ecstatic in my new school." said.

"You're not a loner?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

I shook my head, "Not at all, Mom. Besides, I already have friends to rely on. To tell you honestly, they are too many so I'm contented being with them." I explained.

She nodded, satisfied with my answer.

"It's a good thing then. Who are your friends by the way? I should meet them. I can see some improvements in you."

I immediately frowned when Mommy ended her statement. She instantly got what I meant by just reading my expression that's why she continued talking.

"You're frequently smiling now whenever I fetch you in after school. Unlike before, you're grumpy every time. It's as if you don't want to attend school every day."

I chewed on my lips. That's a fact, though.

"So, when do I get to meet them? I want to show them my gratitude for befriending you."

I wasn't able to respond to Mommy instantly. I'm anxious that she might get mad if I say I'm hanging out with an all-boys clique. I hope she doesn't judge me or get angry at me when she meets them. But... maybe she'll understand it.

"Okay, Mom. How about tomorrow? Friday night," I said.

She nodded with a kindly smile. I gave my smile back and bid a quick goodbye then went to my room.