#11 Boom

Boom

1:05 ───|────── 2:53

|◁ II ▷|

I was more than right when I say Jaehyun will ignore me

It is as if a Jennie doesn't exist from his eyes anymore. He's just passing me by as if he never told me that he liked me.

But what can I do? I don't want to push myself to someone who made me his rebound. This is the edge of my stupidity, and I am in my limits already.

In the past few weeks, he had no time to spare with us - to his friends because he is always with Yeri. There are rather times that I want to tug them away to each other and walk out from them but I don't want to be rude to Yeri. She doesn't know anything. She doesn't have any idea that her boyfriend is a cheating douchebag.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Taeyong asked while he is facing straight ahead.

I didn't notice he's been here beside me. I am currently sitting under the tree and thinking things thoroughly. Whether Taeyong has been here since earlier or just now, I am not sure.

I cleared my throat, "I'm thinking about the upcoming final examinations. I'm stressing about it."

It was half-true and half-lies. Our finals are indeed coming soon, but it was a complete lie when I told him I just thought about that. I'm giving him the safest answer that I could come up with. I don't want to be problematic anymore.

"You sure that's all?" He turned to me knowingly.

I was stoned right in my spot and calmed myself down.

"O-Of course," Shit! Did I just stutter? I am being so obvious.

"Lie,"

"H-huh?" This time, I look down.

Sometimes I wonder what's going on in Taeyong's head. Like, how can he easily read me without showing my emotions? He definitely knows me best.

"Forget it. I'm going now since my next class is almost up. See you," Taeyong says then stood up from his seat.

He gave me a sheepish smile which I earned a roll of eyes from me jokingly.

When he took a step away from me, that's when I felt a needle getting remove from my heart due to relief, not until he stopped and said something.

"Jennie? You know what's the difference between the right and the wrong, am I right?" Taeyong did not turn to me, but I can feel what's he's trying to say.

After a little while, he started sauntering away from me.

-

"Oh, Jennie right?"

Without even looking at the girl who spoke up, I figured right away who it was.

It was Yeri.

I turned around to her, give a nod, and force a smile. I'm slightly irritated, but I don't want to be rude.