Quake

I thought I'd be pissed at writing with a phone, but I've actually written all that above this with one. I'm using a computer now, and having no autocorrect is kinda weird and all. Turns out autocorrect isn't useless. Time to get blasted from those people who think it is. No, honestly, it took awhile for them to get used to the word Nat, but now it's basically fine. Heck, I even get word suggestions from it! Use autocorrect when writing stories, peeps. I'm writing this with a computer and you can't see how many typos I'm making and having to change by hand.

But anyway. Katy was standing at the bedroom balcony.

Yes, the three of them shared a bedroom. It was fine though, they all had bed curtains for some reason. No, it was when they weren't on speaking terms. That happened a lot. What else were you people thinking?

If you weren't thinking that, I apologise. I was, on the contrary, thinking that, and judging by the amount of inappropriate jokes that I make on a chapterly basis, this should be relatively normal. It's weird. I'm weird. Sorry. Moving on.

Not that bed curtains would help with the amount of talking in her sleep Nat does and screaming in her sleep Cleo does, and you can be sure Katy is very much done with it.

"Meh, I'm used to it." Katy shrugged.

It was two o'clock in the morning. Or at night, if you please. Nat was asleep. Cleo was somewhat asleep, and Katy was standing at the balcony window. It was a ridiculously hot night midway through October, and Katy couldn't think how Nat and Cleo could fall asleep.

The night was cloudy. The crescent moon was veiled in a shade of pinkish-white. When Katy wanted to get to sleep, she normally looked at the hypnotising glow of the moon. Which was why she was staring very firmly at the clouds and not the moon.

Anyone want sleep tips? Eh, the moon works. For Katy, at least, and a couple others on the internet. Haven't yet tried it yet, living in a block of ridiculously tall flats has a disadvantage. The moon is either shrouded in the cloudy windless weather or smothered by the buildings. Anyways.

But Katy didn't want to get to sleep tonight. She was trying to think of a plan. The night was eerily still for a Friday night, where the markets would normally be bustling with shoppers and drunk people and the occasional prostitute. Which would all be heard from the balcony in muffled waves of sound.

She was silently sharpening her rapier as she saw the empty streets. Why was it so empty tonight? Even on the non-Friday nights, the late-night inns and market stalls would still send waves of white noise to her bedroom.

Perhaps it wasn't the heat, it was the lack of white noise.

Katy fanned herself with her hand, throwing down the rapier, and tried to get her straggly hair off her sweaty neck.

Perhaps not.

The blond heard a shuffling from behind the peridot-green bed curtains, and it wasn't long till Cleo had drawn the curtains and was fanning herself most vigorously with a pillow.

Yes, with a pillow. It works surprisingly well, especially if you have long hair and you are in bed eating Frosties at 3am. Totally can't relate, by the way. There is totally no reason why I'm so oddly specific.

But anyway. Cleo swung open her bed curtains, to see Katy standing at the balcony with a very sharp-looking rapier and she was purposely not looking at the moon.

Cleo shook back her insanely curly hair. It was way longer than Katy's, or Nat's for that matter, and was prone to stick to your neck a lot when it was sweaty. I think all those people out there with long hair can relate. Princesses have life issues too.