Chapter One

"Life is a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you're gonna get.”

5 years ago

2012

“Charlie, get that ass out of the chair. We have some work to do!” I said to my best friend who was seating on a chair in my room eating a sandwich.

“No, we don’t. Our shift only begins in 2 hours.”

“I'm trying to get us out of the misery here, can you please be a little more serious?” 

“Darling, do be such a pissed bitch. May I finish my food first? I’m trying to relax a bit.” I looked to him in disbelief and waited with my mouth shut. 

        We’re were on a pretty bad situation, let me try to explain. I’ll begin saying that our rent was a month late, we lived in a flat not really that close to the center of Munich, one of the most expensive cities in Germany, I know. We work together in the same place, a cafeteria in the heart of Munich. I was the cashier and he worked among the other employees making drinks and serving the customers. We were working hard, making extra hours, all in due to have a life with dignity. Which was already a victory for two clumsy and disorganized youth in their 20’s living by their own in a big city. 

        Charlie was half american half british, I was totally german, but born in a countrytown. When our lives crossed it was like we were meant for each other, he was extroverted, funny, full of life and super gay. I mean, he was almost a queen. And I loved the fact that he was super open minded, he didn’t cared at all at what people will think about him. In other hand, I was the shy girl, afraid of a lot of things, growed in the suburbs that had a funny accent. Charlie was always making fun of me with his poor german, but he wasn't much behind from me in this topic. That bitch couldn't decide on what accent to use, sometimes he was like a typical american, other times he was like a british lord. What the fuck.

“So, are you done?” I asked without patience.

“Yes.” He got off the chair and threw himself at the bed. 

“Would you at least try to help me think in some additional way to make some money?”

“I can’t. My belly is too full” He groaned and rolled on the bed. “Later I promess I will help you. But now I have to take a nap before work. I had no sleep tonight” He grinned in a dirty way with that bad boy look.

“Fuck you, Charlie. All you care about is sex.” I left his room and slammed the door.

 It was already late at work, only half an hour for us to close and that place was still full of people. I just wanted to go home, watch some TV and eat my holy Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Today was friday, and that means The Big Bang Theory marathon. What more could I ask? 

“Next!" I said looking down at the cash desk and counting some coins. 

"A sausage sandwich and a espresso, please.”

"Holy…" I thought out loud. But holy crap, that glorious man was in front of me. Not an average man, it was a Bayern München star. God knows how I’m crazy about the team. There was a year I was living here and I had never seen nobody from Bayern. ”Sorry.” My cheeks blushed. I was such a newbie. "It’s 6 euros.” The tall blonde man handed me a 10 euro note. “Name?"

“Bastian.”

"Take your order there." I pointed to the balcony. 

“Thanks" He smiled.