Seventeen Candles

According to the Catholic Church mortal sin can only be absolved through the scared act of confession. But it looks like a certain Wasp princess has recently found herself desperately in need of a little unburdening. And who is the man upstairs to discriminate?

Coming to Blair's birthday is not and has never been my idea of fun but for as long as I can remember Serena's always made me go.

I don't get why the theme is Japan and Sushi but whatever. As long as there's cake and alcohol I'm good.

The plan was to spend the evening with Chuck and Nate, but Chucks acting weird and Nate is nowhere to be found.

I was downing Champagne while listening to Blair, Serena, Kati and Is drone on and on, occasionally adding something to the conversation.

"Dan, you're here," I hear Serena squeal and turn to see Dan enter with some girl.

"And, um you brought Vanessa," she adds clearly not happy. "Hey good to see you. Um... Kati and Is, you know Dan."

"Blair, Kim, this is Dan's friend, Vanessa," she introduces us. I'll admit the girl is hot but she doesn't have anything in Serena van der Woodsen.

"Pleasure," I nod and she gives me a smile in return.

"Wow. You didn't mention they were so nice. Now I get it," Vanessa says to Dan, and damn near choke on my champagne. Of course earning me a glare from Blair.

"Oh, sweetie, you did not tell me she looked like that. This is such a problem," Blair whispers to Serena, but she's not the quickest whisperer.

"Vanessa, why don't you come get a drink with me," I say, trying to get us both out of this awkward situation.

"Um, sure," she replies, looking at Dan who nods.

"Welcome to the Upper East Side," I chuckle with an eye roll, while getting us some drinks.

"From what Dan's told me you don't seem like the rest of them," she replies.

"Oh trust me honey, I'm worse," I laugh. "Also Dan talks about me?"

"Yeah, if I wasn't his best friend I'd think you were", she laughs.

"Isn't that cute," I smirk. "Now drink up, you're already far behind."

***

Serena and Vanessa tried to make an effort to bond for Dan's sake but all I see is two girls competing at Guitar Hero, when they are really competing for Dan.

"Thank you, thank you," Vanessa cheers, finishing her go at the game.

"She owned you, Serena," laughed Kati.

"Yeah, you went down almost as hard as Brittany at the VMAS," added Is.

"Okay, you know, you're good, Vanessa, I'll admit it but I have been holding back until now," says Serena, letting her competitive side out. "Here's a little birdie that's about to be freed."

"If I win are you my prize," I whisper to Dan, laughing.

"Ha ha," he replies.

"I thought so."

Everyone cheers on Serena and I'll admit she's good, she has always been overly competitive. I even saw Dan sing the words to the song on screen.

"That's my girl. That's it, right there," smiles Dan, clapping once Serena finishes.

"It was alright, I guess," I laugh, patting my sister on the back.

"Thanks," she laughs back.

"Thank you, thank you. Who got owned now," Serena says into the crowd.

Vanessa goes to play again, so I take that as my cue to leave the Dan obsessed girls to it.

At the bar I saw Chuck for the first time that night.

"Well if it isn't Mr Bass himself," I smirk, getting another drink from the bar.

"Ms van der Woodsen, what do I owe the pleasure," he laughs into his drink.

"I was looking for you earlier," I told him.

"I just got caught up in a few things," he says, waving dismissively.

"Have you seen Nate around?" I ask him.

"No, I thought he'd be here."

"You know how boring and tedious this party has been without you and Nate," I sigh. "It's like hell on Earth."

He laughs and we sit in silence for the next couple of minutes drinking our livers away until he leaves to go talk to someone.

***

My phone buzzed in my bra and I fished it out to see a picture of little Humphrey and Nate hugging. Damn that boy, couldn't come entertain me at this snore fest but could use his time to do Jenny Humphrey.

I join the others, all looking at the Gossip Girl blast.

"Maybe she's wrong. It wouldn't be the first time," Serena says.

"He better have hit that or else there's no reason to ignore me," I groan, slightly annoyed at Nate.

"Oh, there's plenty of reason to ignore you," laughs Kati or maybe Is, I don't know they are like mentally synced.

"Shut it," I warn looking at them both.

Just then Blair comes up to us, looking rather sad.

"Hey, I'm so sorry. I never thought that this would happen," Serena says trying to cheer her up.

"I hope the slut gave him herpes," hissed Is.

"A cheater totally deserves herpes," adds Kati.

"Oh shut it, you would both totally do Nate if he offered," I say, glaring at them.

"He isn't cheating," says Blair. Everyone looks at her in shock.

"We broke up, okay? He was going to get back together with me, but only so my mom would help his dad," she informs us.

That stupid boy, how dense can he be. Like seriously. I get the his dad asked him but he should have said no and then to miss Blair's birthday party for Jenny was just plain stupid.

Blair runs out and Serena follows her so I take that as my cue to get back to the bar and pound a few shouts.

Okay maybe I don't care about Nate and Blair's drama but he's my best friend and I thought I could count on him. He knows how much I hate coming to Blair's annoying party's and usually he, Chuck and I would hang out and it wouldn't be so bad.

At the end of the night I find myself going home with some guy I vaguely recognise from school. A therapist would probably say I use drugs, sex and booze to handles my problems but who cares, life's more fun that way.