Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER

This book tackles some heavy themes such as bullying, violence and incest. So if this makes you too uncomfortable you can always leave at any time. It's worth saying, though, this is a work of fiction with no resemblance of real life events. This is also not a smut. I enjoy those just as much as the next guy, but here my characters did lord over me and demanded more character development. Just bear with me, we'll have some very raunchy and descriptive sexy scenes in the chapters ahead, it'll just make their weight more significant to the story. 😳😈😛

So enjoy, leave your like and comment on it.

I'll appreciate even the unfavorable comment as long you keep it civil.

*The present work constitutes my intellectual property and I do not allow any republishing or translation of its totality or any of its parts without previous authorization from myself.*

- Liam -

We were all laying on the grass, basking in the sunlight like a bunch of crocodiles. The epitome of teen idle. A pack of angry misfit teens, bundled together by their common resentment towards almost everything and everyone. Rebels, delinquents, horned up druggies and burnouts. Weed, skateboarding, sex and graffiti served as a way-out for the angst and aggression that most of these guys barely held within when at home or at school. Even so, it wasn't enough. Some of that violence seeped out amongst ourselves and scuffles and altercations were not uncommon, making the group itself a pressure cooker.

And yet, in Hellwater, this rainy and grey little town, where the crime was rampant and poverty was widespread, this little group wasn't the most vicious or even the most racked with distress and pain. So yeah. A bunch of crocodiles, only short of cannibalizing each other. Angry youngsters enjoying a rare tranquil moment together.

They never been here before. None of the guys knew of this place. It was the remains of the old Greyson Hall, an ancient mansion destroyed by fire more than a hundred years ago. What should have been an impressive building, was now only some columns and stone foundations, remains of its glorious past. It was a beautiful set of ruins nonetheless. Here, the nature had reclaimed its prerogatives in a magnificent if not terrifying phenomenon. I still could see the ancient pavers that once bounded a bygone formal english garden. But the purple salvia had spread uncontrollably, the green hedges had grow raggedy and shapeless, the overgrown hydrangeas lost their delicate charm, the maple tree roots mangled the surrounding soil, the juniper overshaded it's green neighbors and most of the beech trees were dead. Still it was a stunning experience being here.

The Grayson Hall ruins were in a very secluded site, despite not being really far from the city, and that fact surely lended to its atmosphere an enchanted charm. Only who knew what they were looking for, could find their way between the overgrown bushes that hided the side road shooting off this other minor dirty road that would finally lead to the site. I had come here many years ago with Harold, my Dad, on a research trip for a thesis about the town's history and some forgotten poet. It was such a nice day! Like an adventure to a lost fantasy land. And I was particularly happy about Dad picking only me to accompany him, leaving my brother Caleb out of it.

So, this was a completely different activity for these guys who would usually hang out in more seedier settings. But it was my best pal Matty's birthday the day before and we didn't get the chance to hang out then. Matty was down lately, which was out of character for him, and this change on his usual chirpy self annoyed me way more than it should. So I tried to arrange this nice day for him, in order to lift his spirits. That, was also out of character. After all, I've been cultivating a nonchalant rebel persona my whole life. I only indulged being benevolent once in a while so as to make myself less predictable and beguile those I like or need, keeping them under my charm and in their toes. But the covert and bothersome truth was that I just felt super uncomfortable and dead anxious doing nice things for other people. It made me feel like if I did those sort of things in a constant basis they then would be able to lift the veil of cold coolness and peek under the guise of the selfish prick. I even joined in the occasional bullying of some nerd lame-os, but really never had the resolve to make it a thing, like some of the guys. Unless it was regarding my brother Caleb, when I indeed had a unholy joy in making his life awful.