Chapter 10 - Gian...

"You're out of your mind!" I scowled.

The man in a lab coat started laughing hysterically.

"You mustn't resist, my dear. After all, you're the future that we need," he whispered right into my ears.

I tried to escape with all my strength, but the straps on both my wrists and legs were too tight.

"Your sacrifice won't be in vain." He then grabbed a syringe full of an unknown substance and smiled at me.

"W-what are you doing with that!?" I asked.

He smelled my hair and kissed my neck, which made me burst into tears.

"Stop!" I cried.

"For humanity," he laughed.

"STOP!"

- - -

I opened my eyes and found myself in my room.

"Fuck..."

A nightmare.

The nonstop knocking on my door got my attention.

"Crap, what time is it?"

I walked towards a table and grabbed my watch, only to find out that it had stopped working.

Great...

The knocks then became louder, which irritated me.

"Coming..."

Zack was standing outside the room when I opened the door. I waved my hand, and he looked at me with a surprised face.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Sorry for waking you up there, but uh, Steve told me to-" he paused.

"What?"

"Nothing," he said before looking away. "Steve wants you to be at the front gate as soon as possible."

"Tell him I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Noted." he smiled.

I was about to close the door, but he grabbed the knob and stopped me.

"Wait-"

"What? You need something?" I asked, but he just stood there looking at me.

Crap, do I have dirt on my face or something?

"Hey, what is it?" I inquired a second time.

"Oh, no, no... it's just, I never saw you with your hair down. I mean, you look a lot better in that." He laughed nervously and walked back downstairs.

That's it?

"What the hell was that about?"

I ignored my thoughts and grabbed my stuff.

- - -

"Good morning." Miya greeted.

"Where's everyone?"

"They're probably around the camp minding their own business," she says, handing me a cup of hot coffee.

"Oh, thank you," I said, taking a sip.

"Zack told me to prepare one for you a few minutes ago, so there you go."

Huh, how kind of him.

"Speaking of Zack, he said something weird earlier when he knocked on my door."

"Like what?"

"That he never saw me with my hair down, and it looks good on me."