10

"Hey guys." I said as I made my way into the van.

Currently, there were only four people in the car, Ellie, Emily, George, and their mom. Everyone else was doing their own thing.

"Where's Adam?" Ellie asked.

"Oh, I don't know. I think he's still talking to Betty." I looked out the window to see if I could see Adam. Sure enough, he was still talking to and laughing with Betty.

Awesome...

--------------------------------------

"Are we doing anything else today?" I asked out loud, not specifically talking to anyone, as I got back into the van. We just finished having breakfast.

"Well, actually..." Yvonne started, "I was thinking with could go to this carnival that's only around thirty minutes away. It's not the same one we went to last time, this one is bigger. Unless you guys just wanna stay at the hotel to relax."

"CARNIVAL!" Emily and Jack simultaneously yelled.

"The Carnival would be fun." Ellie said.

"Yessss! Carnival!" George and Isabel cheered.

"What do you think about going to the carnival?" I asked Adam as I turned around to face him. Of course, he was too busy talking to Betty to notice that I said anything.

"Nevermind then." I mumbled to myself.

----------------------

"We're here!" Yvonne exclaimed as she parked the car.

I got out of the van and looked over at the carnival. It's seemed pretty neat. There were a few roller coasters, small food stands, and there was even a Ferris wheel.

I went up to Adam as he was getting out of the van, "Let's go check out the rides." 

"Yea, go ahead. I'll catch up with you." Adam said as he held Betty's hand to help her out the van.

Seriously?

I sighed and walked over to Emily and George, "Hey guys."

"Hey Mary." Emily said.

"Hey..." George stopped for a second, "How come you aren't with Adam?"

"He's too busy hanging out with his new chick." I said gesturing over to Adam and Betty as Betty loudly laughed at something Adam said. "He has barely talked to me since she's arrived."

"Talk to him about it." George suggested.

"No, I don't wanna bother him." I said. "Enough about me, we're at a carnival! Let's go have some fun."

Emily, George, and I went on a few rides together. Occasionally Ellie, Isabel, and jack would come to talk to us and ride some of the rides with us. I saw Adam sitting down on a bench while using his phone. This is the first time he's been alone since we left the hotel.

"You should go talk to him" Emily said while nudging my shoulder.

"And say what? I feel like I've annoyed him enough today."

"Well, you couldn't have possibly annoyed him if you haven't talked to him all day. Go ask him if he wants to go on the Ferris Wheel with you." Emily suggested.

I lightly chuckled at myself, "You're right, I'll go ask him."

"You got this, now goooo." Emily pushed me so I'd start walking.

I walked towards Adam and sat next to him, "Hellooooo."

"Hi." Adam responded.

That's it?

"We've barely talked all day." I leaned my head on his shoulder, "So, I was wondering if you'd like to go on the Ferris wheel with me."

"I already went on it." Adam said with his eyes still glued to his phone.

I took my head off his shoulder, "Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, I went with Betty. In fact, I'm waiting for her right now, she said she had to go use the bathroom."

My heart sank a bit, "And you don't see anything wrong with that?" 

"No." Adam bluntly said.

"Got it." I stood up, ready to go talk to anyone else but Adam or Betty.

"Should I see something wrong with that?" Adam asked while he looked up at me, finally, for the first time throughout this conversation.

"Just forget it." I walked back over to Emily and George.

660

Whoaaa, I updated twice in one day? Lucky you. Anyways, this chapter is inspired by my shitty ex. He loved to ignore me so he could flirt with other girls :)