Chapter 2

Almost 2 moons later, Sunny was anxiously staring at the egg she had in her talons. They had all figured up that today, the egg that Sunny has been caring for, would hatch. She was excited to see the little dragonet but also a bit nervous. Starflight, who was by her side, has been helping her a lot with taking care of the egg and keeping it safe. She reminded herself to thank him for all of his help and knowledge everyday. They were all surprised when Glory and Deathbringer also had an egg. Glory and Sunny would spend time together almost every day with their eggs talking about how good of parents they would be and thinking (mostly Sunny) that the more time the eggs spent together, the better chance that they would become friends. Sunny became anxious because Glory's egg had already hatched and the egg that she had wasn't hatched yet. She started to get worried that something was wrong. 'Did she not do something right?' 'Was the egg ok?' 'What's going on?' A million questions ran through her head as she stared at the egg twiddling her talons. Starflight saw that Sunny was worried. He wrapped his tail around hers and gently nudged her arm. Sunny looked up at him and sighed. "Starflight, I can't hear anything....is everything alright?....what if...." she trailed off. "Sunny, everything's gonna be ok." Starflight said trying to encourage her. Truthfully, Starflight wasn't sure how things were gonna go. He was sure they did everything the scrolls said. And he did the math and it should hatch today. All they could do now was wait. Glory saw Sunny and Starflight watching their egg and went over to see how things were going. "Raindrop, come on little one." Glory and her new dragonet flew over to her friends. As Glory landed, she noticed the worried look on their faces. "Everything alright?" Glory asked. "I'm not sure, I don't hear anything" Sunny said. "Just hold on a little longer. This one might be a little late. Remember, we don't exactly know when this egg happened." Glory said trying to ease Sunny's worries. Raindrop trotted her way over to the egg clumsily. She then nudged it and tapped it curiously. She tilted her head to the side. "Is it empty?........can I have it?" Raindrop asked with a smile. "RAIN! Hush!" Glory exclaimed. "It's okay." Starflight said looking down at the little dragon with a smile. "Wait! I hear something!" Sunny shouted jumping up and looking down at the egg in front of her. Starflight and Glory both gasped as they saw the egg wobble around and the little dragon's taps on the shell grew louder and harder. Raindrop began to giggle cutely. It wasn't long until the little Sandwing/Nightwing hybrid was hatched. Sunny stared in awe at the little female dragon's appearance. She had never seen anything like the little dragon that just hatched in front of her. Sunny only knew of one other Sandwing/Nightwing hybrid and that was her. If there were more, she didn't know about them. Sunny saw little black scales on the underside of the dragonet's wings as well as a little on her nose. Sunny also noticed a similar shade of gold on the little dragon like her but with a splash of brown. Sunny looked at the dragonet's tail to see a barb there. She wondered if it was poisonous, but she figured she would find out later. She was more than overjoyed now that's he knew the egg and dragon inside that she cared for was ok. "Do you have a name for her yet?" Glory asked happily. "Sure do! Her name is Dandelion" Sunny said nudging the little Sandwing happily, and coming back to her cheerful self. Jumping over the newly hatched Sandwing, Raindrop landed beside Dandelion with a wing over her head and then started jumping around Dandelion. "Dandi! Dandi! Dandiiii!" Raindrop said excitedly.