Taehyung

I watched Yoongi come and sit in front of me in the cafè, but his gaze wandered somewhere else. His eyes showed how many memories he had in this place.

I barely knew that guy, but what I knew would've changed his life. At this point, I regretted everything I had ever done, including going to the bar that night.

"You must be Mr Min." I interrupted his thoughts.
"Oh! Yeah, I'm sorry... I... uh.." He sat down awkwardly. He wasn't used to strangers, it seemed.

"Mr Kim... I can't express my gratitude to you. If you weren't there... My y/n..." He couldn't complete his sentence.
I chuckled, "Call me Taehyung. And... Please, don't thank me. Nobody deserves to go through what your girlfriend did. I know how you must be feeling. I've had my share of experience."

"What? You've... You've had someone who was..." Yoongi couldn't form the sentence. Damn dude, stop with the staggering already. I sensed it was too difficult and awkward for him to say this to a stranger.

"Yes." Was all I said. I couldn't reveal my secrets to a stranger. Before it got more awkward, I spoke, "So, how is your girlfriend?"
Yoongi's expression saddened and I knew what it meant.
"I'm sorry..." I said, feeling sad for him.
"She's in a coma. The doctors cannot tell when she will wake up, or if she will wake up."

"How are you feeling?" Being an emotional support seemed like a suitable position right now.
"I don't know... I'm angry at whoever did this. I'm angry at myself for not being there for her. I'm angry at y/n for going out all alone. I'm sad that I might not have her back." Wow.

"What are you going to do now?" I asked, not just out of curiosity.
"Well, I'm going to hunt him down and make him regret every single decision he ever made." His jaw clenched and his blinding pale skin turned slight shade of scarlet. He was very angry, but he was doing a very good job not showing it. Relatable, my friend.

"That's another reason why I wanted to meet you. Did you see the guy's face?" He asked me.

I had the sudden urge to tell him the truth, but I had a lot of things to think about, before revealing what I knew. So I lied, "It was very dark. I couldn't see a thing. I tried to catch him, but he was long gone." I felt horrible saying that but a lot was at stake. I figured y/n was safe for now, so he didn't have anything to lose, but I did. Hence, it was natural for me to put my priorities before his.

I can't let him know who it was...
Or my sister would have to pay the price.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moving on to the next chapter! I will post it as soon as I can, and I hope you like it this far.