College Romance | Human AU - Final Part!

Sophie PoV

I remembered that I forgot to do my calculus homework so I rushed to school early to finish it before class started.

When I was there, I slipped through the doors and found my locker. I heard a rustling sound near, but I didn't think much of it. It was probably just a janitor or something.

But, I realized that the noise had come from my locker.

I sped up, turning the last corner to see who was at my locker. It was Mr. Sunglasses.

I saw the figure placing something in my locker. I couldn't figure out who it was since it was dark, but he looked pretty tall, with a lean build and mussed-up hair. The person was vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place him as any of my close friends. I stepped closer, and turned his head towards me so I could get a closer look.

I gasped, "Keefe!?"

Keefe PoV

"Sophie!? Oh shoot," I bit my lip anxiously.

"YOU'RE Mr. Sunglasses!?" She exclaimed.

I couldn't help it after hearing the name.

I broke down into laughter.

"MR. Sunglasses!? Leave it to Sophie to use honorifics on a code name," I slapped my knee. Sophie's cheeks turned red, but then she was serious.

"You seriously gave me all that? Please, take it back," She rummaged through her bag and handed me the iPad. I gently pushed it away.

"Stop, Sophie. It's yours," I said softly. "I know you've been struggling a bit, so I wanted to help."

"But why?" Sophie looked a mix of confused, exasperated, and astonished.

"Because... " I took a deep breath. "I like you."

We were silent. She was staring at me.

"So- the job, the food, catching me, all of these gifts- that was because you liked me?!" Sophie said after a moment.

"Yes," I sighed. I guess I had to spill the beans now. "I've liked you for a long time. Before you even knew I existed. That day, when I asked you what your name was? I already knew your name. I've liked you since you transferred here."

Sophie looked at me with an emotion that I couldn't understand. Then she threw her arms around me. 

"Thank you." She said, smiling.

My heart sunk. Obviously Sophie didn't like me back. She said 'thank you'! That's universal for 'Sorry, I don't like you back. But thanks anyway!'

And then.

She kissed me. 

On my cheek.

But whatever. It's the thought that counts.

YOU GUYS! This is my first finished multi-part oneshot! I really hope you enjoyed it, and I know this last chapter was *cringe* so yeh. Hope you enjoyed and I'll update soon!!

- Riri/Silver