Beautiful Beginnings

"Wakey Wakey!" Someone sang. I swatted their hand away and rolled over in bed. I heard a huff from behind me. I ignored whoever it was and snuggled deeper under my covers. Just as I was falling asleep again, I felt ice cold water drench me. I jumped up with a scream. Nymphadora was standing there twirling her wand around her fingers, she winking at me before running out of my room.

"Get back here!" I screeched and chased her down the stairs and around the living room. Ted was sitting in the chair in the living room reading the Daily Prophet. "No. Stop. Don't run. Play nice." He deadpanned without looking up from his paper.

I started chasing Nymphadora outside but stopped right at the door. With a smirk, I shut and locked the front door. She looked at me wide eyed and then glared. I stuck my tongue out at her and then went back upstairs. The house had spells on it to keep people from unlocking the door using the Alohamora charm. She would have to use her key that she never remembers to grab.

Since my bed was now soaked, I went into Nymphadora's unsurprisingly messy room and snuggled up in her bed. I awoke a few hours later and made my way downstairs. Ted was still in his armchair, but now he was watching something on a muggle device that he just got. It took him ages to figure out how to get it to work around all the magic. 

Nymphadora was laying on the floor with her feet propped up on the wall reading a book and Andy was in the study researching a disease that came into her ward yesterday. I grabbed some late breakfast and sat next to Nymphadora on the floor.

"I see you got back inside Nymphie." I remarked. I smiled when her bubblegum pink hair flashed red before going back to pink.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?" She exclaimed.

"Once more. How long did it take?" I asked curiously.

She glared at me, before rolling her eyes. "An hour. I had to climb through mum and dad's window. Dad refused to come let me in. Says I need to remember my key."

"Well you do." I teased.

"Or I could have someone not lock me out of my own house." She teased back.

"That might be helpful too." I laughed. She reached over and grabbed her wand. She summoned something and it came flying down and whacked me in the face.

"Oi!" I exclaimed.

"Happy late birthday nerd." I grabbed it, it was shaped like a book and was wrapped up. Tearing the wrapping the paper I found a black leather bound journal. "I know your birthday was a month ago and I heard you like writing your feelings down so I thought a late birthday gift was appropriate. It also a 'sorry we got off on the wrong foot, I am glad we are on better terms now gift'.

"So an all-in-one gift. Perfect!" I laughed. I hugged her and thanked her. She winked at me before getting up heading out to work.

I joined Ted and watched a muggle show with him. "Do you still went to go to the cinema next week?" Ted asked.

"Yes!" I said enthusiastically. Ted had taken me to muggle London yesterday and was currently teaching me everything he knew about the muggle world. He grinned at me and told me to go see Andromeda.

"Good morning Andy!" I called as I entered the study.

"Good afternoon Gemma." She laughed. "You got a letter today." She grabbed it from her pile of papers and held it out to me. I held my breath and I could feel my heart pounding.

I had gotten a letter a week ago from Molly Weasley thanking me for apologizing and wishing me luck with my change of heart. However she said that at the moment her children were not willing to forgive me. I got a similar letter from Hermione. Neville's gran sent me a letter asking me to not talk with Neville at all. I had not heard from Harry or Eddie at all. Maybe this was from one of them. Maybe they would forgive me.