Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"The ignition we both possess could lead to the nations fatality."

"For our love is selfish. We cost wildfire. And most of the time, we don't care who we burn."

My brows automatically curled as I read the note left on top of my desk. It's unusual for me to receive or even write such things.

Thought deliberately, I don't remember writing such letter. If my judges are right, the quote pertains to something forbidden? Which somehow doesn't make any sense.

Who would have done this? Well, what are the chances? Maybe someone who's secretly infatuated? To me? Oh, sure!

"Babe, your spacing out again!"

I've woke to my senses when Kristy began to snap her finger at me. We were inside the covered court trying to watch the anticpated college basketball game.

"Huh?" I answered bluntly.

Was she talking this whole time? Though normally, I would immediately respond to Kristy's blabber and rants. But this time, I unexpectedly spaced out. I was kind of preoccupied. Never in my life did I imagine a random quote bugging me.

"Anyways."

She's not done yet, That's for sure.

Kristy is talker. If only my ears could speak, then they'd tell her to shut up. I find it sometimes annoying, but deliberately I understand her since she's a friend of mine.

"I heard Business Management is organizing a basketball game."

So I've heard.

"So I've decided to watch it with you 'Cause I know how much you love basketball."

Players. Basketball players. I love the players and you love the game. You should know that by know, Kristy.

It's not as if I despise the game. It's just that, it's not for me. Kristy and I never tend to miss any game. Well aside From times when we're busy.

Ive actually lost count. Yearly Basketball matches have been done yet still, I don't and will never really understand the context of basketball.

But then I ask myself. Why still watch Hera? You could possibly just say you don't want to. It's not as if Kristy is forcing you.

But how can I? Aside from the boys. That would break K's heart. But the boys though, for some God knows what reason. I just am a sucker for bad boys. Maybe it's because I love the thrill?

Hours have passed and the game has already escalated. I root for the college of Business Management.

Wow, time flies huh?

Funny how I used to be a medical student 2 years back. But then I've dropped out. It felt weird. It was as if i was a stranger to that path. I've felt like Business was for me. So here I am persuing it. It seems like I've warmed up to it. Feels like home.

Which also, benifits me.

Dad said I would be assigned to manage our other businesses since Kuya was handling the bigger one's.

My Brother, Zeus Archibald Gutiérrez I'd say is a monster in the industry. He was a top achiever. He's dad's dog, I mean favorite. He even graduated with honors at Harvard. Now he bosses around our businesses. And well I'd commend him since he's doing well.

He's managing our malls and hotels abroad too.

Though, I don't see him often. He may or may not be busy with his sexcapades. I let him be. Who am I to have I say as to whom he'd fuck. That not my words to say.