Chapter 5

After the battle of analogy with kuya. Every rethorical question I asked myself went to an agape when my presence was being summoned for dinner.

Walking pass the hallway towards the dining room, I saw pictures of me and my brother during our younger days.

Looking at them hanging on the walls made me Reminiscing times when things weren't as complicated.

It was great while it lasted, being young is indeed a fun time.

People would always be fascinated with my lifestyle. Which is something even I agree upon. Being part of this ferocious family will never be normal.

"Hera, snap out!"

Daddy eyed me with his serious stares. Arthur Gutierrez, the beast in business. King of the manor.

"Sorry Dad, I got carried away while looking at the pictures." I said looking at him apologeticly.

If you ask me, Dad isn't strict.He just has his ways to discipline. Part of it was Lolo's fault.

So I heard his childhood was quite on the rough patch. Grandad never was easy on him. That's why he never goes easy on us.

"I've discussed to you the plan right?" Here we go again.

"Yes, Dad." I answered.

"I've heard you're schoolmates with that Ciervo guy. I want you to befriend him. I want you to keep an eye on him." Dad said.

He was looking at me intently, As if he was raging with assurance that he's plan was gonna work.

Ares Ciervo, he's the target.
For the longest time The Ciervo's have been second on the Forbes list for the leading companies here in the country.

As far as I remember their work is quite accelerating. Which means he's a threat. They're a threat.

"He knows I exist Dad. I made quite a scene at the cafeteria and a few other places. I answered.

The cold breeze of the Air Condition wrapped my body as dad smiled from my answer.

He smiled as if what I did was a major breakthrough in succeeding his "Oplan take down The Ciervos"

"Zeus? Any updates?" He said while cutting his steak.

I eyed kuya who was sitting on the right side of the table right across me.

He was down busy with his creme brule. But his attention snapped out from the dessert and began to answer Daddy's question.

"Same progress, Dad. Im befriending him. Were close even."

Kuya and I never agreed to this set-up. We'll never be.

Being a Gutierrez is a shame. You see living in a family where defeat is something unacceptable is toxic. We may be on the top of charts but we did the lowest of lows just to get here.

You see, my family is wealthy. That goes without saying. But we did it dirty to reach the top. By hook or by croock.

"That's great! Keep it up."

He answered while nodding his head. I smirked. Finally, I made daddy happy. I'd choose that anyday. Even if it's against my will.

If only there was another way to help my family without involving Ares, I'd surely pick to do that.

But fate's a bitch and it's not Always a friend of mine.

Right after eating, I walked my way back to the second floor where my room is located. And as I opened my door, the scent of lavander invaded my nostrils.