Chapter Five

Robert was immediately bombed with an explosion of quiestions.

"How long have you known?"

"How long did you know before telling Nicky?"

"Did you find out by crushing on someone?"

"How did you find out?"

"Can you tell everyone to shut up so can actually answer some of these quiestions?"

The last one was from Calum, and Robert obliged. He held up his hand and made a pushing-down motion with the other.

Everyone died down, and I decided to speak now.

"How long have you known?" I asked softly.

Robert looked at me and answered: "I have been unsure for three weeks now, but I became certain two days before telling Nic here." He jerked his thumb at Nicole.

"How did you suddenly become certain?" This was from Dan.

Robert turned towards Dan now. "I crushed on someone." He stated simply.

"Who?" John asked.

"Jesse Brooke."

Jesse Brooke. The name hovered in my mind a moment before I grasped onto who it was. Jesse Brooke was a known gay, and was cute. He was smart and funny and apparently would be a girl's ideal friend. I had seen him around, but never spoken to him. Just past him in hallways.

Everyone was silent a moment before Robert spoke up.

"Are you guys cool with this?"

I frowned. "Cool with what? With you being gay?"

Robert nodded, he looked nervous. As if he expected us to say something Homophobic or something.

"Rob," Calum said. "How could you think we wouldn't be?"

The rest of us nodded and smiled. Rob sighed.

"Good, I know it would be extremely tragic for all of you not to see me every day."

He smiled, Rob was back to his usual, joking, self as soon as the serious moment was over.

Everyone else grinned, and went over to hug him.

"You should ask him out."  I said when it was my turn.

"Who? Jesse?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Don't need to, he asked me. He put a note in my locker." Rob smiled.

"Did you say yes?"

Rob nodded. "When I read that note, I wanted to say yes. That's how I became certain. And how I started crushing on him."

"That's great. You're the official couple I'm rooting for now." We both smiled.

*-*-*

"So, what's this big mystery date you've got for me?" I asked.

It had been five days since Micky had asked me out. And he had decided it was time to take me on a date. I just didn't know by date he meant knocking  on my door at eleven thirty and taking me outside. It was still warm out, but still. The only thing lighting our path was the moon and the millions of stars above us. 

"Wait a moment, we're almost there." Micky replied.

I groaned. I wanted to know.

"The impatiant type, are we?" Micky wrapped an arm around my shoulder, and I leaned in. Welcoming the affection.