Chapter 10: Passing the Torch (Part 3)

Kitty walked into Sue's office:

"Hey Kitty cat, come on in." Sue said. "What's on your mind?" "The opening for the Cheerios coaching position. I've made a decision regarding that." Kitty said. "What did you decide?" Sue asked. "I'm going to do it." Kitty said smiling. "I thought long and hard about it, and I've come to the conclusion that I can take night classes at Ohio State, and online classes as well; This is what I'm good at, and what I can do. I want to inspire up and coming girls to be cheerleaders, but more importantly, I want to be a mentor to all of them, like some other Cheerios have been to me." "You'll do well Kitty cat. I know you will." Sue said smiling. "Just one question coach." Kitty said. "What's that?" Sue replied. "Why me?" Kitty asked. "I look at you and I see a lot of myself in me. Someone who can be sweet, someone who can be sour, but deep down, they have a heart and they care about a lot of people. More importantly, they only want what's best for their students; You have changed so much since I met you in your sophomore year. I took one look at you and said: "There's a girl who's either gonna be successful or a disaster." "And what did you find out?" Kitty asked. "I found something better. I found a girl who had her own inner struggles. I found a young woman, who overcame so much to become a better person. You're one of the brightest students and athletes I've ever coached. You have come a long way. More importantly, you've got a bright future ahead of you, and there's no one I would trust more with coaching the Cheerios than you." Sue replied. Kitty finally broke down and embraced Sue. "I'm gonna miss you so much." Kitty cried. "I'll miss you too Kitty cat." Sue cried embracing her as well.

Meanwhile, Ryder went to see Coach Bieste:

"I've been thinking about this decision for a while." Ryder said. "And what decision did you come to?" Bieste asked. "I accept." Ryder said. "I know it's going to be a challenge. I know it's going to be difficult, but I look at it as an adventure, and a great opportunity for someone like me." "You're gonna do great." Bieste replied. "I know it's gonna be hard to balance football and school, but I think I'll be able to manage it. I've enrolled in online classes this semester." Ryder stated "Congratulations kiddo, and all the best to you." Bieste replied.  "Good luck to you too." Ryder stated, as they both shook hands.

Ryder walked out of Coach Bieste's office, and then saw Kitty walking out of Sue's office. They then saw Marley walking out of the auditorium and Scott walking out of the choir room. They all had smiles on their faces. They then went into the choir room to discuss what they all had talked about.

"I don't have to ask, but I'm going to. Did everybody accept their new roles?" Scott asked. "Yes." Kitty said. "Absolutely." Marley replied. "Definitely." Ryder said. "What about you?" Kitty asked Scott. "You think I wouldn't?" Scott replied with a chuckle. "How are we going to pull this off is what I want to know." "Kitty and I will be taking a combination of night classes and online classes at Ohio State." Marley replied. "I'll be doing online courses at Indiana University." Ryder said. "What about you?" "The Dean of Students said I could get college credit for all the time I spend helping out here with the Glee club, so it's not gonna be a problem." Scott replied. ""Congratulations." Kitty said smiling. "Congratulations to all of us." Scott said with a smile. "There's only one more thing that we all need to prepare for now." Scott stated. "What's that?" Marley asked. "A triple wedding extravaganza." Scott said with a tight-lipped smile. "Oh yeah!" Kitty and Marley said.

So everybody has accepted their new roles and will now enter into a new chapter into their lives. Up next, the moment some of us have all been waiting for: A triple wedding, as Scott and Sugar hook up, Marley & Kitty tie the knot, and Bree and Jake say I do!

Plus, Will and the rest of the teaching staff must let the Glee club know of their intentions to retire. How will they all handle this news?

This and more in the following chapters ahead!!!