𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

of course it was him. why didn't i think of it earlier? i slapped myself on the forehead and started sashaying to the boys, trying my best to keep my image in front of them. i was only a few steps away from them when i called out their names to get attention. "um, excuse me sunbaenims, may i borrow hyunjin for a while?" the eight of them looked back at me surprised. shit. retreat. why did i sound like i was deadass his girlfriend calling him. i had an instant regret of what i said. couldn't i have used wiser terms? i took the loose hair ends on my forehead and curled them behind my ears to hide the embarrassment.

everyone bowed at me edgily then stared at hyunjin swiftly. bang chan gave him a slap on his butt. "hm, so i see my son has found himself a friend, hasn't he," he simpered in an exaggerated tone. "isn't this the perfect time for jEogiYo nOoNa HoKshi nAMjacHiNgu isSEoyEo?" changbin couldn't hold it in, causing the others to crack up eventually. "uhm," i tried to fix the situation. "technically we're not friends, yet, i just need to ask him? something, can you spare a minute or so, hyunjin?" i glared at him deliberately, faking a smile towards the other members. he looked around, raising his eyebrows. "sure, sure. i'll meet you guys downstairs," he turned to the rest.

i took him by the forearm and pushed him to a corner along the corridor. "i think somebody took my phone, babe!" i let out a feigned grin, auguring him to give it back. he began to chuckle and narrow down his eyes at me. "you called me babe, didn't you." i was about to throw hands, wondering if i even said 'babe' at the same time. "that was sarcasm and is so not the main point, hyunjin. you know what i'm here for," avoiding him and acting vile, i extended my arms, signalling him to hand over the mobile.

hyunjin lifted his hands in the air as if he had to surrender. "okay, okay." he took my phone out of the pocket of his blue leather jeans and proceeded to give it to me. however when i reached for it his hand immediately shrugged back, leading me to bump into him. god. i should have expected that. now i look like a fool in front of him. i lean my hand on his chest unintentionally to regain my balance. i wasn't really aware of it for a bit; and there my soul started leaving my body as i felt something being hard and 'dimensional'. i could feel a hard point resting between the gaps of my fingers and i immediately pranced backwards.

i found my face scorching. "hyunjin, i swear to god-" "one condition," he laughed out of breath. "accept my instagram request." i hung my jaw open. that's it? if i were him i would've asked for more, i thought. "fine," i snatched my phone back, aggressively typing the password to indicate my exasperation. "there you go. request accepted. am i done here?" i tried not to vex. "yep," he nodded, flapping his eyelids. howbeit, as i looked through him in the eyes i felt that he still had something he wanted to tell me. "what's wrong?" i asked.

"i would sound lame for talking about this though." he timidly scratched the back of his head. "uh-uhm, go on, i wouldn't tease you or anything," i twinkled eerily as the thought of ashley being nauseated at his username popped into my head. "i definitely wouldn't." "you.. you wanna be friends?" he gave a short pause, laughing off the uneasiness.

i was surprised. never would i have thought that the one i secretly admired for years would approach to be friends with me. what could i say? or is he simply joking to make fun of me again? "you're kidding, right," i played it off cool. or at least i tried to. "no, genuinely." hyunjin giggled. well, that didn't seem too genuine to me. "we'll see." i told him and left as i kept smiling in hidden. girl. imagine having the person you fantasise all day actually talking to you? couldn't relate. "but now i probably could," i mumbled cunningly. still, i seriously don't get why he wanted to be friends. that could legit remain as one of the world's top mysteries apart from the bermuda triangle and the aliens. promptly remembering that the girls were still waiting for me, i rushed back to our table in the cafeteria.