𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 - 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 & 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭, 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐨 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝟐 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐤 🤠 𝐩𝐥𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐰/𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟎 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐢- 𝐦𝐨𝐦 𝐢'𝐦 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

——— ✧∘* ˚. ———

"well, i'm not in the mood for accepting any requests right now." i slid back my phone in the outer pocket of my leggings. as we arrived to the outside of the cafeteria there was already a long line of staff and idols waiting to enter. "i'm so hungry! do we really have to wait for so long?" ashley squealed, clenching her fists. we all giggled at her cuteness and had gotten so bored we even started playing a game of aegyo.

when it was finally my turn, i scrunched up my face and winked, shrugging my shoulders and pointed finger guns at the members to make this 'you got it' face but in kawaii version i guess. i didn't really know what to pose after all. i wasn't the best at the game either. luckily everyone was in a jocular mood and very much enjoyed what i did. everyone was joyously clapping when someone interrupted us from the back. "aww, how cute!"

"was that meant for me?" i murmured. looking up from the ground, my cheeks were immediately burning when i realised who it was. my eyes pricked out at him as if i had never seen him before. the others spared their vision on the recurring scene. it was him again. "yes, it was meant for you," hyunjin beamed with politeness. i felt something slide out of my pants.

he was headed for the washroom but turned around to look at me on purpose as if i was the one whom that message was meant for. let me get this clear: he called me cute again. it's been the second time today. "i-" once he left my brain stopped functioning as i turned to my group members who were looking at me jaw dropped, starting to fill me up with questions.

"wait you know hyunjin?" "n-no." i stuttered. "he's like so handsome what the fuck." "he called you cute!!!" "you must feel amazing right now." "why does he know you then?" "are you two close?" "he was so cool, oh my god." "wait is he the one from stray kids?" "if you liked hyunjin i wouldn't be surprised, honestly." 

"okay, okay, you know i can't handle too much stuff mentally at the moment." everyone stared at me as my mind turned pitch black. i honestly didn't know what to say. we went silent for a few seconds. "no wonder he's a visual. no wonder he's the face of the group. he's literally the reason why i look ugly. God spent all his effort on sculpting him day and night while i'm just his leftover dried up clay bits." yeona squealed with a slight frown. i mean she's not wrong though... i then started to smile like an idiot imagining yeona swearing pathetically at hyunjin for making her feel like shit on God's crafting table. "what are you laughing at? i'm truly depressed," yeona grunted and everyone teased her. she's that kind of person who creates problems out of nowhere; we all have that one friend like yeona, don't we. "why are we even talking about hyunjin," i grinned vexatiously hoping to end this perplexing conversation, "let's stop here and focus on saving our energy for food."

it didn't take too long for us to enter the cafeteria and dine in. "yum," kriscia was in relief, clearing up the last bits of spaghetti while she scrolled through her phone. "the best i've ever tasted." we were nearby finished when i reached into my pocket of boredom. hm? i thought i put my phone inside sometime earlier?

i started panicking as i searched through every pocket of my clothing. it must be here somewhere. i gradually approached my members. "have you guys seen my phone?" everyone started looking through their bags instantly but by the look on their faces it didn't seem like they had it with them. "oh, what have i done..." i groaned, resting my head on the table. "think, y/n, think, where and when did i leave my phone unattended again..."

frames and scenes flashed before my eyes as something triggered me. wait. something slid out of my pockets just now when we were doing aegyo. i finally remembered. "gosh, it probably fell on the cushion sofas," i rustled to the members. "i'll be right back."

i ran outside to the lane of chairs leaned against the glass wall outside the cafeteria. i reached down to the gaps between and the surface of every chair, however my phone was still not to be found. i emit a long audible breath. "fuck. why do you have to do this to me," i jittered my teeth, suspiring heavily to calm myself down. i continued to look around in search for the lost item.

just as i was starting to lose all hope in a short seeking span of only 49 seconds, i turned around and saw stray kids standing by the lobby, waiting for an elevator to arrive. they were cuddling up and laughing at each other, being effortlessly cute. my eyes, though, were drawn to hyunjin which abruptly struck my brain. on the spur of the moment i smirked, glaring at him wildly. "oh well, hyunjin, how the turns have tabled."