Good, For A First Mission | Eyeless Jack

ᴇʏᴇʟᴇss ᴊᴀᴄᴋ | ᵐᵃˡᵉ• ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ (Completely platonic with an | !)

🅡︎🅔︎🅠︎🅤︎🅔︎🅢︎🅣︎🅔︎🅓︎ {Quotev}

Trigger Warning(s):  Graphic depictions of violence, Mentions of Alcohol, Blood etc.

The moon was full, a shining beacon through the dim light, illuminating the houses that were beside another. Although one thing was peculiar about a certain residence, there at the roof was two figures crouched near the locked window. Thankfully,— at least for them— nobody suspected anything with this deep of a night. The roof continued to creak, the one in the dark hoodie approaching the other carefully.

“Y/N.” A quiet, but stern voice made you snap out of your trance; the weapon on your hands visibly shaking with nervousness. With a quick nod from your superior, Eyeless Jack; you swiftly strapped the mask around your head with a sigh. Nodding back, you got ready to sneak into the window.

“Get ready to strike. I’ll be keeping an eye from afar.” He swiftly informed before leaping off into another side of the rooftop, stopping for a second to turn his head behind his shoulder. 

“Good luck.” 

And before you knew it, he disappeared out of your sights with just a bat of an eye. You stood there for a moment, dumfounded and impressed on how he did that so easily. Looking around, you checked the perimeters once more before deciding to break in— it was better to be safe rather than to be sorry, considering this was your very first mission.

After all the training you endured, and all the pain you were put at; it's finally all over— well at least for a brief pause. But a new obstacle has arrived yet again, that being you were a proxy now, all the responsibilities you were forced to take were all falling down like an avalanche. Finding no choice, you knew you had to play along with their system— you didn't plan to disobey, no, threatened on how fast they could end your life if they suspected anything.

But right now, you choose to believe that this will only be difficult on the beginning. Of course, maybe it’ll take some getting used to— I mean, you were assigned to kill people, the worst part was you don't even know if they were even worth killing; are they really as evil as they were portrayed as, or are they just normal-functioning citizens trying to pass by. Are you really shedding innocent blood on your own hands?

Biting your lip, you battered your tiny, powerless fists before reaching out for the barricaded window. Letting out a breathy sigh, you pulled it upwards in an agonizingly slow motion; quietly hoping that the creaking won't awaken the victim. After a few held breaths, the window to the bathroom was fully open. You slithered inside, making sure to make your footsteps as light as possible.

Walking towards the dim-litten hallway, you passed the suspiciously half-open restroom door. You decided to step on the carpet before continuing to walk, taking your time to look around for any potential weapons. Much to your dismay, there was a half-empty wine bottle that stood near the telephone— it's edges seeming to be cracked, most likely because of a tight grip. That bottle has surely gone through a lot.

Sighing you dug for the knife on your pocket, cutting the phone wires and throwing away the damaged bottle. As you continued to look for the bedroom, your eyes caught different picture frames that we're hung on the old wooden wall. It was the woman you were assigned to kill with a young lady and a boy around your age beside them. To be honest, you and the boy almost looked alike; but that could just be the darkness playing tricks with your sight.

Seeing a door on the near end of the hallway, you sneaked towards it with your weapon at hand. But much to your twisted luck, the woman was sat on her bed, staring at you wide-eyed. Feeling at ease, you stood there, frozen with hesitation. Why wasn't she running? A voice was screaming at you to deliberately let her escape, but another shouted to just kill her while she's still in shock.