Special Education

It's the week of sectionals! We've been working so hard trying out different songs and deciding who's gonna get solos that we haven't even chosen a set list yet.

"Mr. Schuester, I have an announcement. I've selected the perfect moving ballad for Finn and I to sing to launch our performance at Sectionals." Rachel starts to say only to be shut down by Mr. Schuester.

"Me first. Two things. First, our competition at Sectionals are your classic stool choirs. Great voices, but they don't move. Now if we're gonna beat them, we need to do what they can't. Dance. Which is why I've decided to feature Allison and Mike Chang's sweet moves in our performance." Mike and I high five out of excitement and I hug Finn who's really excited for me as well. I've been dancing my whole life, I'm a national champion too so I'm pretty good if I have to say so myself.

"Are they gonna dance in front of me while I sing my solo?" Rachel asks making all of us roll our eyes, the girl always gets the solo and it's someone else's turn.

"You're not getting a solo at this competition Rachel." Mr. Schue tells the girl leaving her disappointed.

"Finally, so what song do I get to sing?" Mercedes asks only to be turned down as well.

"Actually I was thinking that the winners of our duet contest would sing the leads." He says reminding us of the contest we had a few weeks back.

"Ken and Barbie" Rachel yells angry causing Sam and Quinn to get angry.

"You used to be just sort of unlikeable, but now, I pretty much feel like punching you every time you open your mouth." Quinn snaps at her and we all agree with her.

"Okay, listen, I have talked the talk about everyone in here feeling special for over a year now, but frankly I haven't walked the walk. I mean, we have got a lot of talent here, and I'm gonna highlight it." Mr. Schue defends Quinn making Finn and Rachel mad.

"Look, I'm all for... pumping up the team, making everyone feel special, but that's for practice. You don't take the star quarterback out before the big game." Finn adds making me roll my eyes. I'm kinda disappointed in my brother.

"That's easy to say when you're the star quarterback." Tina says to my brother and I agree.

"She's right, I'm disappointed in you Finn, you're better than this."

"This isn't just about me, this is about the team." He says defending himself.

"You're such a hypocrite." Santana says going off on my stepbrother. Rachel defending her boyfriend says. "Like you even know what that means."

"It means that your boyfriend is full of crap, hobbit" Santana fights back.

"You know what? Ever since the wedding you've been up my butt and I am sick of it!" Rachel yells back at the girl. We all give Santana a look telling her not to spill Finns secret but we're too late.

"Oh really, cause guess what Yentl, your sweetheart, he's been lying to you. He and I totally got it on in a motel last year." Rachel looks at Santana then to Finn and then to the rest of us with a horrified look on her face.

"Okay enough already! No more conversations about this, or-or anything! This is our plan for Sectionals, and that is that. Mike, Allison, c'mon up, let's start choreographing." Mr. Schue says breaking the tension in the room. Mike and I make our way to the front of the room where we begin the advanced choreography for the group number. The routine we put together will give us the edge we need to win this competition and move on to regionals.
.........................................
The next day we're all sat in the choir room waiting for rehearsal to begin. Santana and I are sitting in the corner talking about Cheerios, Kurt, Mercedes, Tina and Brittany were all talking about costumes and everyone else wasn't on speaking terms due to the arguments that broke out yesterday. Finally Mr. Schuester walks in and my best friend breaks the silence.