Three

"Doyoung, there's an emergency,"

The first thing that greeted me in the morning was Ten's phone call. The previous night was hectic as hell. I even had a couple of drinks and now the headache was terrible. Nevertheless, I accepted the phone call.

"What is it ten?" Rubbing my eyes I sat up straight throwing the sheets over to my side. It was too early for this, I wanted to say. But based on my profession I should be prepared any time. 

"Haechan... he... he..." his voice was shaking probably from panicking. Wait-

"Then what happened?" I asked, trying to keep my composure so as to not scare my friend out. I could sense his nervousness miles away through the phone and couldn't help but be wary as I heard more deep breaths. 

"He... he escaped,"

"What even- how? I thought you and Lucas were on duty yesterday." Ruffling my hair I got up not wanting to hear any more bad news.

"He stabbed Lucas...he... he left... a note for you"

"Don't you dare touch it! I'm coming. Wait for me." With that, I ended the call not leaving him any second to reply. Throwing on some clothes and grabbing all the necessary stuff I could get I dashed down only to be greeted by the sight of mom preparing breakfast.

"You're up? Come have breakfast with us."

"I don't think I can. I have somewhere to go. Don't wait for me. I won't be back soon." I could hear her protests, trying to make me stay but I paid no heed. Turning the ignition on I headed off towards the hospital hoping that this was all a lie.

It couldn't be true, right? He wouldn't do it, right? Though a part of me wanted to stick by that narrative, my heart dominating my thoughts I knew for a fact that he must have hurt Lucas on his process to leave the place. Though it bothered me considering he had never used violence against us even when he had escaped the asylum previously. 

"He was holding the knife as if it's a precious thing, dragging it along the skin present on his forearm."

"He gave me a sickening grin"

something inside me tells me that he wouldn't be returning one last time.

"Stop it!" I mumbled to no one in particular as the grip on the steering wheel tightened. Once I reached there I could see ten having his head on his hands while Johnny was beside him trying to calm him down.

"What the hell happened?" I shouted as both of them flinched, getting up as soon as they saw me. I grabbed my stuff and walked, pushing past them, towards the entrance. They followed me.

"Doyoung it's not like what you think it is-"

"Then what the hell is it? Don't give me that shit Hyung. He's one of the patients! And I told you we had to give him extra care!"

"Doyoung get a grip of yourself. You're the only one who doesn't seem to understand anything. He had been making a fool of us." Johnny gripped my arm turning me around. I stopped, looking at them directly.