Seven

"Isn't this Mrs. lee, Lee Dohyun's wife?"

The very first call that made both my mom and I alert was early in the morning as we both packed our stuff tagging Dongsook along. It was from a police station nearby and though they didn't let us know what they wanted us for, it was clear that it was something related to my father. Strolling up the cold stairs at 5 in the morning my mom and I wouldn't expect to hear that tragic news from the local cop.

"We found his belongings from the lake nearby..." Mr. Kwon said nibbling his lip, his gaze low as he took out my father's wristwatch. It was quite special to him. Dad would always brag about how costly that was.

"We also got his wallet...containing his passport and other details...from there we were able to get your information...the thing is..." He halted as my mom gripped my arm in order to not faint. Rubbing her arm soothingly I looked at the chief inspector.

"We still haven't got his body. Need not worry, our team is doing a thorough investigation. A local boy reported this at 4 in the morning." 

"Will there be some kind of hope for us Mr. Kwon?" I asked as the older male heaved a sigh shaking his head slowly making me hum. Grabbing my mom's shoulder I pulled her close before sitting on the cold bench, Dongsook playing with the hem of my shirt.

"Why are we here mom?" she asked ever so innocently as mom looked at me. She didn't say anything as it was evident that she wasn't in the mood to speak. I sighed.

"We're here since Uncle cop wanted to see us"

Though I didn't know how to explain it to her I tried my best as she seemed satisfied with my answers. 

"Mr. Kwon we got the body!" came a voice as my mom jolted up from her seat dashing towards them. Dongsook looked confused. Picking her up I moved towards my mom squeezing her shoulder in an attempt to calm her down. 

Isn't it really a wonder that we humans are nothing but bubbles that could be burst within a second? Just like bubbles, our lifespan is short. 

Isn't it amusing that my dad, who went off to drink further, after having a fight with my mom would end up lying in the coffin with nothing but a white shroud to cover him? My mom, who was planning to become a divorcee, ended up becoming a widow the very next day. Our family of four turned into three within the span of a day. 

The whole school came to pay final regards to my dad. Mr. lee squeezed my shoulder sitting beside me. Dongsook hid behind my mom after seeing such a commotion. Her question was why dad was lying there? Why he wasn't playing with her? 

Yangyang sat close to me, his hands urging me to lay my head on his shoulder. he knew how exhausting it might be for me as he sat right beside me. Mrs. Liu consoled my mom while helping her distract Donsgook. Sicheng hyung was sitting opposite me his hands shaking a bit. He looked nervous.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see the group of six elites entering the hall in such a posh manner that even the students had to make way for them. Placing the wreath over my dad's coffin Mark moved away before circling it moving towards me. He stopped right before me as his eyes moved to Mr. lee who gave his son a questioning look.

"Donghyuck, can I talk to you for a bit?"

I raised my head glaring at him with my puffy eyes. 

"Mark!" Mr. lee hissed grabbing the attention of his son, "This is not the right place and time. leave him alone. He needs some time alone from you"

"But dad! This is something regarding his da- I mean dead dad," he said as my head snapped towards his direction.

"What did you say? Something related to my dad?"