ninth melody ✯ maybe

NINTH MELODY ; MAYBE

✯ ✯ ✯

"Iwa-chan?" Oikawa called, as they were both inside Iwaizumi's room.

Both males didn't walk home together, but Oikawa messaged his best friend that he was coming over to talk about something. Having nothing else to do, Iwaizumi agreed.

Oikawa and Iwaizumi were hanging out in the latter's room, and like usual, it wasn't any problem to Iwaizumi's family. After all, they have been best friends since they were kids.

"What is it?" The tan male asked, sat down on the chair by his desk, while Oikawa laid down on his bed.

"Did you know why I stayed back earlier and didn't walk home with you?" Oikawa asked, his hands laced on top of his stomach while he stared up at the ceiling.

"No...? But you were with Yua. You had a box with you,"

"Well, yes. But did you know why? Why I went with her instead of you?"

Raising a brow, Iwaizumi looked at his best friend before shaking his head. Truth be told, while he watched Yua walk with Oikawa while he carried a box that seemed like it had cake in it, he felt a pinch in his heart. Sure, he was offered cake, too, from Chizue. But it wasn't the same.

Ever since then, he's been thinking about possibilities from that little moment Oikawa and Yua shared. He felt so curious, he wanted to know what the two talked about while they walked together but he might seem weird when he does ask him about.

His thoughts started swimming around as he thought about a few possibilities that could happen. When Chizue gave him the cake, she confessed to him at the same time. The girl told him that she liked him ever since their first year of high school, but he politely rejected her because he really didn't like her back and didn't want to hurt her feelings which she understood. She didn't want him to return the cake so he kept it with him after giving her a gentle smile to at least make it up to her.

Knowing that Yua and Chizue were in the same club also worried him, because he knew that the two have become good friends. There was a chance that if Chizue finds out he had weird feelings going on for Yua, they might have a fight about it. If Chizue's intention upon giving him the cake was a confession, then maybe Yua also was the same? But then again, the cake Yua made was given to Oikawa, his best friend. Then maybe...?

He didn't want to think about it.

"Because you're now together?" Iwaizumi tried, but he felt a slight sting in his heart as he tried to imagine Oikawa being in a relationship with Yua.