ninteenth melody ✯ river of dreams

EIGHTEENTH MELODY ; RIVER OF DREAMS

✯ ✯ ✯

years later...

"How is he?" the young woman asked, as she was getting dressed for her show that night.

After years of being an idol along with her friend Sayaka, they were finally able to release songs as soloists after being in a duo. The journey of being a duo made Yua and Sayaka enjoy both their dreams and friendship together but going solo had been their dream as well. Going solo was an achievement for the two, gaining recognition from a lot of people through their work.

Although already releasing songs as soloists, when given a chance both Sayaka and Yua chose to still keep releasing songs as a duo occasionally. After all, when everyone was so close yet so far for the two of them, they had each other. Of course, the vision of being happy with their loved ones and making them proud didn't leave their mind.

"I'm not too sure, Yu-chan. I can't believe you guys haven't talked in a year! You survived that?"  replied a cheery voice from the other side of the call.

"Well, I have to! Remember when we went out as a group last year and he decided to drive me home? There were rumours about that!" Yua protested, a pout plastered across her lips as she thought back on the said situation.

Chuckles were heard after a small pause in their conversation. The man from the other line couldn't stop giggling as he suddenly remembered something.

It was a year ago when they all met up, Oikawa, Iwaizumi, Yua and the rest of the volleyball club. They ate at a fancy diner, and the team purposely let Yua and Iwaizumi sit down next to each other and started teasing them about being together. After a few dishes and teases, it was time to go home. The tan male offered to take the young woman back to her place in which she agreed to. After all, she also missed the moments when he would walk her home from school when they were teenagers.

The next day, some photographs of the two together surfaced online. Although it had been years that she had been in the idol industry of Japan, also being one of the top ones along with Sayaka, she felt that it was not the time to come back to him yet. Also, she could see in Iwaizumi's eyes that he must not feel ready yet. 

Still, their feelings remained, although held back.

"Right! That rumour. What was it again? The man who was with you is a manager? Or was it your cousin?" Oikawa teased, smirking as he recalled Yua's not so nervous statement about the rumours last year.

"Ugh, can you stoooop? Fine, I said he was a manager. I hope he wasn't offended..." Yua replied, a pout now on her lips as she glanced at her fingers. 

"Oh, he was SOOOO offended," the male joked, although Yua felt her heart sink just thinking about it.

"Really?" she asked, hoping that her friend was just joking around.