The Greed-Ler

Sometime had passed since the Onceler came by. You figured he was busy with work, so you didn't think harshly about it. Plus, he was spending time with family. Everything seemed fine until you noticed that the truffula trees were starting to disappear. There laid stumps and barren land. Not that you were in the same region as them, but you could see the gravity of the situation from your house. You were starting to wonder if that maybe what the Lorax told you was actually true. Still, you had a glimmer of doubt in your mind. That was until an entire factory had been built from what was once the Onceler's house. It towered over the land, nearly touching the sky. It had gears and shifted about that caused noise almost 24/7. There were carts and trucks filled with truffula tree leaves going in and out. The factory pumped out toxic fumes that filed the sky with grey clouds that trailed. Now, you had no choice but to get to the bottom of this. But how? Logically, you could walk up to the factory to see the Onceler, but you had no idea where he'd even be in all that building. However, it seemed like you didn't have to do much as one day, a knock came to your door. You were laying out on your bed when it happened. You got up to go answer it. A part of you was excited to see him again. Another, not so much. You grabbed the knob and turned it. The door peeled open.
"Once.......ler", you said, your excitement turned into shock. Before you was the Onceler, only he was in a completely new attire. He had on a green drapery suit along with blue bottoms, a matching top hat and blue shades. His hands were covered in soft green gloves as a small truffula tree was placed in a pocket on the front of his suit. Near his crotch was a gold chain that swayed about whenever he moved.
"Hello again, y/n~", he said in a soft voice.
"It's nice to see you again."
You were a bit confused. He had never acted this way with you before.
"Uh, yeah, it....it is." You weren't exactly sure what to say.
The Onceler had started to move towards you. You started to back away from him.
"So, I've seen you've made a name for yourself", you said, trying to change the subject as he neared closer to you.
"Yes, I have. I've sold millions of Thneeds and am the richest man in the world now!"
"That's....fantastic. Um, about that..."
You bumped into a wall behind yourself as you were keeping your eyes on the Onceler, who neared. He placed his hands on the wall beside your arms, pinning you in. You didn't know what to do. You felt hopeless. The Onceler took off his shades as a smirk appeared on his face.
"I'm rich now. I have all the power in the world. And you were there for me."
You felt your heart sink. You had no idea what he was going to do. He curled up his finger and placed it under your chin, lifting it up to meet his gaze.
"Thank you, y/n~ I wouldn't have been able to do it without you." You felt sweat build up on your back.
"Oh, it...it was nothing", you chuckled nervously.
The Onceler backed up and turned to your kitchen. He headed that way as you recollected yourself. You didn't know what to do. You retreated back into your room, catching your breath. You looked around for something but didn't know what. You climbed up on your bed and looked outside to the factory.
"I have to tell him. I have to-"
"Looking for someone?~", a voice said.
You slowly turned around to see the Onceler standing in your doorway with a smile, only it didn't seem innocent.
"I'm right here~."
You chuckled it off.
"Oh, well um, I uh, I have something I want t..to..to..tell..y....you." You searched your mind for the right word to say. The Onceler didn't seem like someone who would take kindly to criticism anymore. He seemed like he could go off if you said the wrong thing.
"Uh Onceler, I..."
You were interrupted to see the Onceler had climbed up on your bed and now was inches away from your face.
"Yes y/n?~", he said.
You were still. Your heart was in your throat.
"I....I was just wondering that....ma....maybe this whole coming to fame might not have been the best....choice", you managed you say.
The Onceler looked to you.
"Choice? Choice?" He chuckled.
"I choose as I please. I choose what I want to do."
You trembled so much. Sweat started to build up on your face.
"Besides, I was just about to 'thank you~.'"
"Of....of course", you said with a nervous tone and face, trying to laugh it off.
You didn't want to anger him again. He started to lean down causing you to lean down. His hands were on the bed pinning you in. He then placed a marshmallow in your mouth against your will. You didn't want to eat it. He lowered his mouth down near yours. You got so nervous. He bit down on the marshmallow and pulled back, ripping it in half and ate it on top of you. You regrettably ate and swallowed your end. He lowered his face down to your shoulder-neck area. You felt his lips touch and rub against your skin. You squirmed a bit, having never experienced anything like this before. He got more aggressive with it as he switched sides. He curled up more towards your body, nearly rubbing his against yours. You felt something moister against your skin, like a tongue. You felt whimpers in your throat that almost escaped. You didn't want this feeling to last anymore. You felt trapped, uncomfortable. The man you had once knew was no longer the same. He had been consumed by greed, nothing mattered to him anymore. The Onceler you once knew was now---the Greedler.
"Onceler. Onceler please", you whimpered.
He was still going at your shoulders and neck. He then gripped your sides and pulled you into him. Then out of nowhere, the Greedler unbuttoned your shirt and started to feel up on you. This was the last straw. You mustarded up enough strength to push him back, breaking his grip on you. You scooted back as he sat up, looking towards you. Your gaze scattered about the bed below you. You slowly looked up to him with watery eyes.
"He was right. The Lorax. He was right about you."
The Greedler scuffled at this.
"Not you too y/n. You really don't think I can be bad, do you?" You were disappointed. You patched up your shirt that was revealing skin.
"After everything you've done. Deforestation, building a factory, ignoring one's requests. Yes I....I do think that."
It hurt you to say those words but you knew you had to since they were true and someone else had to tell him so he could get the big picture. You could tell hearing this from you hurt the Greedler since his body went stiff. But that despair quickly turned into being defensive.
"I've built an entire empire based on my invention and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon."
His claim gave you mixed emotions. You felt sad and angry at the same time. He was too deep in. There seemed to be no going back for him. You couldn't save him from the new entity he had become.
"If...if that's what you want then....by all means....go right...ahead."
You could feel a lump in your throat form as you finished saying that. The Greedler seemed to be mixed too since he was hesitant to leave.
"I will", he said coarsely.
He got up and left, closing the door, almost slamming it, it sounded like. You curled up into your legs, staying on your bed. You rested your face into them as you started to tremble. Small sobs came from your body.