Goodbye

Rain poured from the sky. You were running as fast as you could. Trees from around you were falling as you passed them. Something was behind you, as you heard laughing coming from there. It was dreary and dark out, so you could barely see where you were going. You then tripped and fell over a enlarge root. You tried to get up, but you sprained your ankle. You scooted up to a tree to mend it. You looked up to see a light coming. A loud sound came as the last bit of trees around you feel down. Behind them it was revealed to be the Greedler, only he was a giant. He looked down to you and chuckled. You wanted to run but couldn't with your ankle. He then stunk in size and approached you. You were nearly on your feet when he came from behind and dragged you back down to the ground. He turned you towards him. Terror pleaded your eyes. He wore a sinister smirk as he lowered his face down to your neck. He began to kiss and lick you all around there. There was nothing you could do. You tried but it was like your body went numb, you had no control over it. You wanted to scream 'stop' but your mouth wasn't moving. You just sat there, whimpering as that was all you could do. The voice of pain and suffered filled your mind as those thoughts and sayings wanted to come out but couldn't.
'STOP!', they pleaded in your mind.
'STOP PLEASE!'
You were helpless.
'Stop. Stop! STOP!'

You sat up in your bed, heart beating in your ears. You looked around to see you were in your bedroom. You let your heart rest for a few minutes. You then leaned over to pick up your blanket you threw when you woke up and placed it back on the bed. Nightmares like that had been happening ever since....that day. You ended up staying in your house for days straight. You didn't even bother to look outside. You didn't even want to think about.....him. His operation was still going as planned for the sounds of it. You were just noticing that it was raining out. They hit your roof hard and windows harder. You quickly got up and grabbed Bonnie before returning to your bed with him and went back under the covers. More days passed. A knock came to your door.
"Y/n?", a muffled voice said.
You lifted your head up as the covers fell from it. Your feet met the cold floor before you put on slippers. You slowly made your way to your door. You felt dead inside.
"Y/n? Y/n please, come open the door."
You opened the door to see the Greedler, only he wasn't wearing his hat and looked rather, sad.
"Y/n, before....before you say anything, I just want to say that I'm....I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do what I did."
You weren't buying it. You just looked at him before turning away. "Y/n."
The Greedler grabbed your arm and held it. You didn't move. You glanced to him before you pulled your arm away from him yourself. You walked off but he pursued you.
"Y/n. Y/n please, you have to believe me."
You stopped.
"I can't believe anything you say or do anymore. Now that you're not the man.......I used to know."
The Greedler approached you. He wrapped his arms around you and held you.
"Y/n please. I........I can't lose you too."
You felt a lump in your throat as tears began to form. After everything he did, how could you forgive him. It was simple. You couldn't.
"It's too late for that. You already have."
You broke from his grip then quickly ran outside. You made your way to the barren land that the truffula tress once prospered. There was nothing but stumps as far as the eye could see. Your eyes widened. It was like the land itself had died.
"Y/n! Y/n!"
The Greedler made his way to you.
"I'm...sorry. I didn't mean for all this to.....to happen."
You backed away from him.
"I....I thought you'd do what was right. I believed you would. I.....I trusted you to do what's right. And THIS is what you did."
You looked away as the hollow wind blew through your hair. The Greedler looked down to the ground.
"I........I know."
He looked over to you as he held up his hand towards you. You looked to it then to him as you shook your head.
"No. I.....I can't."
You turned away from him and started to walk. It became a fast walk. Then a jog. Finally, a ran. You ran as fast as you could. The wind blew past your ears and hair. Tears began to fall down your face getting casted into the wind. Sobs started to escape your throat as cries came from them. You didn't dare to look behind yourself. You jumped down into a dugout near a small pond. You dug your back into the earth around you and covered your face, crying into them. As much as this hurt you, you knew it was the best thing for you to do. Something soft rubbed against your side. You looked over to see a grey donkey looking at you. You wiped your remaining tears away.
"Me...Melvin?", you sniffed, squinting a little.
He sat down bedside you with droopy ears. He looked......sad. "I'm.....I'm upset too", you said, trying not to get worked up again.
"I guess that Lorax character was right after.........all."
Melvin rubbed his muzzle against you face with a little kiss. You smiled weakly.
"It's gonna be ok, Melvin. We'll get through this together."