Is it time to Breakaway?

Living in Chicago seems like it would be fun and exciting. Get to see great museums and go sightseeing, but it is not all fun and games. My name is Abby Crawford, and yep you guessed it, sister of the oh-so famous Corey Crawford. The one who is no longer allowed to give speeches at celebration parades.

  You see, life was fun for me being 6 years younger than Corey. I mean, yeah, I went to all his games ever since I could remember and he is the one who taught me to skate. He was always looking out for me and has ever since. He is what you call, an over-protective brother. Really, all of the Blackhawk players are like that to me and its great, but it really scares off all the boyfriend material guys.

       Here I am, looking out onto the Chicago River on a nice and pleasant July day. Thinking back to the first time I looked out onto the river. It was a August day 4 years ago when I decided to enroll at University of Chicago and major in Sports Medicine. Now, 4 years later, here I am in the same spot thinking of what the future holds. I could stay in Chicago and be forever bothered by my brother who will never let me go out on my own because he’s too protective of me, or I could go out and break free and start my own story.

I want to pursue a job in the NHL and be known for who I am and not what my brother is. That is why I turned down a job offer from the Blackhawks’ organization. I sent my application everywhere and I hope I make an impact somewhere. But for now, I better get home before Corey gets all paranoid, the guy needs a chill pill.

-------

As I walk through the front door, I hear a loud crash and the eruption of laughter. Boys will be boys I guess.

“Corey, where are you and what did you break this time?” I yell out trying to figure out where the doofus is.

“I’m in the basement with Shawzy, Tazer and Antti, and can you bring a broom? Shawzy thought it was a bright idea to take me to the ground.” Corey yells out but the laughter can still be heard in his voice.

“Can you also bring a water? Seeing as Crow is not a good host?” My favorite Finn says.

“One broom and one water coming up!”

Just then my cell begins to ring. “Hello?” I ask, not knowing the number.

“Is this Abby Crawford I am speaking to?” The voice says.

“Yes it is, how may I help you?”

“I am calling about a job offer…”

-------------

Author’s Note:

Hey guys, so this is my first hockey fanfic and I hope you enjoy it so far. Trust me, it will get better! Thanks for reading so far and don’t forget to add this Beaut to your library! Stay Classy all!