Chapter 21

In a couple weeks, it was John Lucas' 1st birthday. Luke woke up to the sound of Sarah Lynn softly sniffling beside him. "Baby, what's wrong?", he said. "Nothing, it's just sad. Our baby is a year old. I remember it like it was yesterday. God, I wish he could still be little.", she said. "Honey, it's okay. It's normal to feel this way. But John Lucas has to grow up sometime. Look on the bright side. It's gonna be so cute watching John Lucas eat his cake.", Luke laughed. "I know. But Luke, promise me something." "What?" "Promise me we'll have more babies." "I promise", Luke said as he kissed her forehead.
Later on that day, Luke, Sarah Lynn, and their one-year old baby headed for the Duke farm. Daisy had most of the supper already prepared, but still needed Sarah Lynn's help for a few things. Luke carried John Lucas into the living room and sat him down to play. Uncle Jesse was in there and he said that Bo and Katherine should be there any minute. A couple minutes later, they arrived. Katherine walked in with a huge grin on her face, like she always did. Daisy and Sarah Lynn just loved her. Everyone did. She was so nice and friendly, and genuinely a good person. She was very fun to be around, and she was absolutely gorgeous. They all couldn't wait for the wedding.
As the night went on, the whole family had a wonderful time. Katherine played with John Lucas most of the night. When it was time to leave her, he cried.

Sorry guys for the super short and kinda crappy chapter. I'm kind of tired so I'll write more tomorrow. Love y'all! Please leave your feedback!❤️