Chapter one

Katniss'outfit and stuff above, katniss POV

I walked into school And chuckled as I saw kids freak out. About almost everyone is scared of me. But all the know is I love my sister. "Hey katniss?" Prim asked as she walked behind me. "Yeah little duck?" She giggled and rolled her eyes. "How do you get someone to notice you?" I smricked and looked at her. 

"Does somebody love someone?" "No." I chuckled. "Do to!" "Do not!" We kept arguing the whole way to our lockers and kids just stared at us. "Fine, I do. How do I get them to notice me?" I smiled and looked at her. "Well, who is it?" She turned around and smiled. She pointed to a girl named rue. 

"Oh ok, hmm. Try just talking to her, ask her out. I don't know." She rolled her eyes. "Thanks sis." I chuckled as she walked away. "Welcome little duck!" I finally got to open my locker and sighed when I saw a couple picture's from when I was younger before my dad left us. I qickly grabbed my stuff as I felt tears stinging my eyes. 

"Uh hello." I turned my head to th left to see some blonde boy standing there. "What?!" I asked anoyed as I slammed my locker closed before he could see the pictures of my dad. My best friend clove saw and walked over. "Uh I justed wanted to know where the office was." I rolled my eyes. "Does it look like I care!" He looked petrified but before he or voice could talk I slammed him into the lockers and walked off. 

I walked into class and Mr Abernathy looked anyoed. "Katniss, your late. Agian." I rolled my eyes. "So I don't give a danm." He sighed and I walked to an empty seat next to my boyfriend, gale. "Now we have a new student in this class today, Mr peeta mellark." The boy I shoved earlier walked in and my eyes widened. 

He saw me and looked tarified. I gave him a smrick and he jumped. He sat down in the only seat left which was in front of me. The class started agian and I passed gale a note and it said 'meet me at the tree next period, love catnip.' he smiled and noded. As soon as class ended we all got up and ran out of class.

"Katniss!" I turned to see prim. "What?" I whined as the blonde guy walked out and watched us. "She said yes!" I smiled and hugged my sister. "Your growing up so fast!" She laughed. "Katniss I'm not five anymore." I chuckled. "I don't care my little sister's dating now!" She groand as I hugged her again. I started to walk away when she called my name agian. "Yeah little duck?" "Are you ok?" I stared at her. "Yeah, why?" She sighed. 

"I heard you and Mom screaming at each other agian last night and I heard a slamming sound." I sighed and hugged her. "I'm fine, and look at me." She look kind of scared. "As soon as I'm 18 I'm leaving and I'm taking you with me. You shouldn't be in a place like that." 

Peetas POV

"You shouldn't be in a place like that." The blonde girl lacked on to the girl who shoved me into the lockers. "I miss dad!" The girl said and the older on sighed. "So do i." She mumbled. The bell started to ring and she sighed. "Ok get to class." She nodded and ran off. The goth girl stood up and rolled her eyes when she saw me. 

"Hey." "Shut up!" I felt butterfly's in my stomach. "I'm peeta." She rolled her eyes as she grabbed her jacket from her locker. "Katniss. Now I've got to go." I noded and realized she was heading outside. "Katniss?" She turned around in anyoince. "What?" "Where are you going?" "I'm leaving." She pushed the door open and walked outside. 

I rolled my eyes and went to my next class. When school was over I went on a walk and noticed the blonde girl from earlier sitting outside crying. I was confused and saw katniss run outside in tears. "Prim look at me." She looked at her sister. "I want you to go to rue's house and stay the night." She shook her head. "Prim I need you to do this, mom's pretty drunk and I dont want you getting hurt too." She nodded and ran off. 

A blonde woman walked outside and katniss looked tarrifed. "You little brat!" She yelled and smacked katniss. "I'm sorry." Katniss mumbled. "Get inside right now and clean this damn house or I'll beat your ass!" Katniss started crying harder and I was shocked. She nodded and her mother walked to her car and drove off. 

Katniss stood up and took off her jacket that was not covered in mud. It revield many cuts and brusies and scars. She whipped her eyes and grabbed her phone. "Hey gale?" I sighed and kept watching her. I feel horrible. "Yeah, it happens agian. Can u stay at your place?" She hung up and walked inside. 

She cam back a few minutes later in different clothes, a bag and her bag for school. She locked the door as a car pulled up. Gale got out and hugged her. "Your safe now." She looked anyoed and he kissed her. I could tell she didn't like it. He got in the car and she saw me. She flashed a long smile and I noticed she was blushing too. I smiled back and she got in the car. I have to help her. She deserves better and I'll get the to her.