Chapter seven: I'm scared

Katniss pov

 I sighed and fell over on my bed. Tonight's just me and peeta now. Everyone else canceled and prims going to a friend's tonight. I groand as my stomach started to hurt again. I don't want to cancel on peeta, so I'm not but let's just hope I'm not sick. 

My stomach has been cramping randomly like this just like me being sick to my stomach. It's honestly very odd. I stood up when it stoped and left my room. I walked downstairs and looked at the time. I have about fifteen minutes before peeta will be here. I stood there, enjoying the silence untill a wave of panick hit me. 

I can't be! There's no way. Right? I qickly ran upstairs and into the bathroom. I slammed the door and opend the cabinet. I found a pregnancy test and took it. I washed my hands and stood there, impatiently waiting to see if my whole life is changing. I mean it would all add up,me being sick would be morning sickness, cramps would be my stomach expanding, tiredness would be obvious cause i could have a baby growing inside me, and my food cravings would be the baby.

I got talent out it my thoughts when my phone went off and I sighed. I looked at it and gasped. Oh my God, no! I felt tears burning my eyes as I slowly placed my hand on my stomach overtop of my green ish golden ish nightgown. "Oh my God, I'm pregnant." I whispersed in shock. 

I kept crying and qickly left the room and hide the pregnancy test in my jacket pocket. I walked downstairs and sat on the couch, my head in my hands. "My moms going to kill me!" I sobbed as the door opened and peeta walked in. "Kat?" I looked up and he looked worried. "Kay what's wrong?" 

He pulled me into a hug as I kept crying. "Shhhh. Katniss, tell me what's wrong?" I pulled out of The hug. "Peeta, I'm pregnant." He looked shocked. "Really?" "Yes." I gave him the pregnancy test and he sighed. "I'm scared." I said in a voice just above a whisper. "It's okay, I'm going to be by your side the whole time." I smiled weakly as he kissed me and placed his hand on my stomach. 

We pulled away and he smiled. "I love you." He said, "I love you too." He smiled agian, "and I love you baby." I giggled and playfully rolled my eyes. "How are you so calm about this?" I asked, "I don't know." "Well you certainly are making it a lot easier for me right now. I already know my mom's going to be pissed." He noded sympatheticly as there was a knock at the door. 

I stood up confused and opend it. "What do you want dad?" He sighed, "can we talk, please?" I noded and let him in. We weren't even thinking, we had left my pregnancy test in plain sight. "Where's your mom?" "She's out of town." He looked at me. "You two are here all alone?" I noded. 

He looked concerned. "I don't feel comfortable with that." I shook my head. "Well you can't tell me what to do." He sighed and sat down. "I'm sorry, please, just let me be in your life." I shook my head. "Ok, I get it, but I'm at least staying here tonight so you two don't do anything." I sighed and peeta smricked. "Peeta!" He laughed and I rolled my eyes. 

"You guys hungry?" I asked and my dad shook his head. "A bit." I smiled and peeta followed me to the kitchen. "Ok, hm. What do we want to eat." Peeta laughed and I smiled. "Hm, yum kit Kats!" He rolled his eyes. "You and chocolate." "What can I say, we love it." He noded and grabbed a cookie. 

Hunter's POV

I sighed and noticed a pregnancy test on the coffee table. My eyes widened when I relized it was her's. "Ew peeta, what the hell. That's descusting!" He laughed. "No it's not." She nodded as they got into the room. "I'd rather do anything else than that." "Goona have to soon." She rolled her eyes. I decided to leave the be untill later tonight. 

"Wanna watch a movie?" She nodded and I smiled softly. "I think I'll go get some dinner. What do you want?" Peeta shrugged. "Kat can pick." She smiled and sat there. "Wendy's." I noded and left. It was about a ten minute drive to the restaurant. 

I picked up the food and came back to my kids house. I walked inside and saw them talking. "No I don't want to think about that yet. It's to early, can we just stop talking about it for the night?" He noded, "sorry." She sighed, "it's fine." I handed them their food and they smiled. 

"How's school?" I asked. "It's ok." Kat mumbled. "It's good." Peeta replied. "Can you guys tell me about yourselfs? I want to get to know Kat more and a but about her boyfriend." Kat groand and peeta shot her a look. "What?" He shook his head. "Uh I'm 16 and I have two brothers, I want to be a baker and I love your daughter." 

Kat smiled and laughed. "You already make a damn good baker." He laughed too and she started playing with her neckless. "Dad you already know about me. I know you follow my Instagram, I post everything on there." I sighed, "Kat I'm disappointed in you both." 

Her head shot up and she looked at me. "what do you mean? What do you know?" There was a sense of panick her voice. "I'm disaponted in your pregnancy." She gapsed and peeta looked at her. "I'm such an idot!" She exclamed and peeta hugged her. "Your not an idot, you just forgot to put it away." She groand. 

"yeah cause I'm an idot who got pregnant at sixteen!" She said in anyoince before getting up and running upstairs in tears. I sighed and peeta looked at me angrily before going after her. Hi followed to check on her. 

"She's going to hate me!" She sobbed as peeta rocked her back and forth on her bed. "Shhhh. Its going to be fine, I'll be there every step of the way." He said softly and kissed her head. "Peeta how do you always make everything better?" She mumbled and I walked away. I decided it was best that I leave her alone and stay away like she wanted. She and her baby would be better off without me. I love you baby.