Chapter One (B)

"Mr. Baltimore, I'll be in touch." Mr. Jones replied instead, a sly grin on his face.

"Can you, at least, tell me something!" Ethan huffed, throwing his arms to his side with agitation.

Instead of a reply, Mr. Jones only inclined his head as a sight of departure as he waited for Ethan to leave the room, he was going to request something that would even have Mrs. James look at him rather strangely but he knew it had to be done.

"Then fine," Ethan said, shaking his head in disappointment as he stared at Mr. Jones, " I change my mind, I'll wait until next year."

With that said, Ethan turned and stomped out of the office with a heavy slam of the door, he walked past everyone while trying to maintain the angry expression on his face, he didn't want people to know he was upset, as they would all question his emotions. The handsome man walked fast and vigorously, simply exiting the building as he wondered what Mr. Jones would give him in return, considering he couldn't have the gift he actually wanted.

Shoving his hands in his pockets, his fingers brushed the empty candy wrappers that he immediately grabbed and disposed of in a nearby trash as he made his way home. Coming to see Mr. Jones with his request had been a waste of time in his mind, he could of stayed home and chewed on carrots while watching television shows unconsciously, but he had hoped Mr. Jones would listen.

The surrounding neighborhood was rather quiet, it was always quiet on this side of the town while consisting of nice houses lining side by side with shiny cars and well-kept yards by the slightly older people in the area. Yelling filled the air, causing Ethan to look behind him and spot a couple of children chasing one another while the parents stood by a small pool, the husband holding the water-hose to fill it up.

Turning to look back in the direction he was walking, Ethan felt the loneliness settling deep in his chest as he thought of his own future, he had no one to love and no one to love him. Would he ever truly be happy in the mysterious town full of so many secrets, probably not... but he was going to try.

"Ethan!" He turned sharply at the sound of a voice suddenly shouting his name.

He squinted his eyes curiously at the person running up to him, from the distance he could tell it was a female from the slim but lean figure that sprouted a sports bra and the tightest pair of yoga shorts seen about. Crimson-dyed strands swirled in a ponytail as the woman came to a slowing stop before him, she bent over and took a few heavy heaps of air before a small chuckle left between her thin lips.

Ethan took a heavy gulp, his eyes taking the chance to take in the woman before him as her bright blue eyes did the very same, she smiled even harder when she caught his eyes drooping lower. He caught the sight of her heaving chest that moved up and down with every heavy breath, her medium sized chest was to die for as they were some of the perkiest Ethan had ever saw before.

One thing the two had in common was the fact that they both enjoyed staying in shape, her sculpted arms went taut as she braced her hands against her small hips and posed slightly with a twinkle in her eyes. Reaching up, she wiped the sweat creeping down her forehead and openly stared at Ethan as he averted his eyes guiltily because he knew she had caught his simple glances at her beautiful, fit physic.

"Lyrica, hey." Ethan said, clearing his throat. "How you been?" He asked, not daring to look in her seductive eyes as he knew she could easily persuade him to do anything.

"I've been good, what about you?" Lyrica replied, stepping closer to him and opening her arms to show that she wanted to hug him.

Understanding her intentions, Ethan opened his arms and allowed her to step into his embrace as he simply rubbed between her shoulder blades before pulling himself away and looking her up and down quickly once more. Everyone in the town knew about Lyrica Martin, she was very beautiful and always dressed to impress no matter the occasion, she was so nice and cared about everyone in the town.