Owt

Sakamata didn't know what he expected when he arrived at the mall, but it certainly wasn't for the entire place to be cleared out. 

Hawks let out an awkward laugh, "I got excited and didn't want anybody to take time away from me gettin' to see the little whale." 

Sakamata let out a whistle, "He isn't a whale." He got Izuku out of the back seat and set him on the ground. 

Hawks visibly froze. Sakamata guessed he didn't expect to see Izuku again. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is Sakamata Izuku. My son." 

Sirius, who had driven with them on the way to the mall, proudly posed next to Izuku, "Isn't he adorable?! Look at his wittle tail!"

Sakamata held Izuku's hand as they entered the empty mall. Out from the food court, the Wild, Wild Pussycats were caught red-handed eating all of the sweets. They paid of course, but the others didn't get any. 

Mandalay handed Izuku a stick covered in chocolate circles, "Heya kid, you must be Izuku! I'm-"

"You're the pro hero Mandalay! And you're Pixie Bob! And you're Ragdoll! And you're-" Izuku couldn't hide his excitement anymore, he jumped up and down, using his tail to help propel him further into the air, "- you're the pro hero Tiger!!" He quickly spun around, "And there's Best Jeanist, and you're the kind lady from the hospital, and, and you're....." Izuku stopped moving around as he stared at Hawks. His fins began to fan out, "You're the one who was there during the fire, I-I remember your smell. You were the one who caught me when ma-" he choked on his words.  

Gang Orca squatted down and wrapped Izuku into a hug, ignoring the spikes that threatened to skin his arms, "You're safe now, Izuku." He didn't say anything else, he couldn't say anything else. He held the boy tightly. 

In minutes Izuku had calmed down, he still held onto Gang Orca, but he turned to face Hawks. 

"I'm sorry for crying, th-thank you for sav-ving me," he whispered to the hero. 

Hawks put a small smile on his face, "Never apologize for crying, Izuku. It's okay to cry." Hesitantly, he reached to wipe a tear off the boy's face. 

Izuku smiled. 

"That was touching and all, but we have shopping to do for the little lad!" 

Pixie looked at Ragdoll and smiled, Tiger always knew how to change the mood with ease.

"YEAH!" Present Mic shouted. He pointed towards the clothing hallways, "Let's go there first."

------------------

Sakamata was regretting everything. He was standing alone in an aisle while heroes rushed back and forth to ask Izuku what he liked and pick out clothes.

The only pro hero he didn't have merch of was the heroes that weren't in the store and fire-related ones.

Sakamata guessed that Izuku had a phobia of fire.

Sakamata doesn't blame him, fire is unpredictable, fire burns, fire hurts. 

Fire kills.

Sakamata watches the pro heroes slowly figure out Izuku's dislikes and give those merchandise types a wide berth of space.

How did he get stuck with the cart again?

He felt something tug his pants and looked down. Izuku was shuffling behind him slowly and looked like he wanted to ask a question.

"What is it, Izuku?"

Izuku looked at his feet, "I don't see any of your stuff here..."

Gang Orca patted Izuku's head, "That's because I'm too scary for most kids to handle."

"What? Why?" Izuku looked at Gang Orca with a confused look. "You're a really nice person and you're really cool too, why would people be scared of you?"

Sakamata didn't know what to say. He had never had a child told him there wasn't a reason for him to seem scary, they always looked at him and fled for their parents. 

"It's just like that." 

Izuku seemed discontent with the answer but was pulled away by Tiger to look at 13 styled shoes. 

---------

"Toys...?" Izuku looked at the giant store with a weird emotion. "I don't want toys...."

Sirius almost hit her head on the roof, "What?! A child that doesn't want toys??!"

Best Jeanist shrugged his shoulders and patted Izuku's shoulder, "It's not that uncommon, I was never interested in toys."

Sakamata smiled. He remembers going on play-dates to Hakamata's house and seeing threads and needles all over his bed. 

He still doesn't sit on any of Best Jeanist's furniture.

PixieBob sprung her hands into the air in a mimic motion of paws, "Then what do you want, little kitten?"

"Umm..." Izuku hadn't thought that far, he just knew he didn't want toys. His mom never bought him that many and he grew used to not looking at them in the store. "Oh! Can I get notebooks?" 

Tiger raised an eyebrow, "And why would a tiny little fish want notebooks?"

RagDoll swatted his shoulder, "To write in, duh."

"Well, maybe he likes to draw!" 

"I don't know how to draw, Uncle Tiger."

Tiger froze, "D-d-did I hear that right?" He started jumping up and down, "He called me Uncle Tiger!!" 

Izuku tilted his head, "That's because you are an uncle, momma taught me to call the people I'm close to 'uncle', 'aunt', 'brother', 'sister', or 'cousin'. Don't you guys do that?"

The pro heroes melted on the scene. Best Jeanist sprung up and gave Izuku a hopeful look, "Does that mean I'm Uncle Jeanist??"

"Yup."

RagDoll followed in pursuit, "And I'm Auntie Doll????"

"Mhm!" 

The heroes, again, melted on sight. A janitor came by and actually tried to mop them up. 

--------

They ignored all toy stores after that and opted to go to the more helpful stuff, like waterproof book coverings and stuff like that. Izuku wondered at first why they were getting aquatic equipment before putting two and two together, he had decided that either his dad had a pool or access to open water, they would visit the water often, or they were going to the beach. 

"So which is it?"

Gang Orca looked down at him, "What?"

Izuku realized he hadn't spoken out loud, "Err- I'm sorry, it's just that you guys were getting so much water stuff that I thought about some reasons why..."

Best Jeantist put down the fifteenth swimsuit and patted Izuku's head, "And what have you come up with?"

"Well...." Izuku filed with his elbow fin, a habit Sakamata realized he did a lot, "We're going to have access to a lot of water for a lot of the time or we're going to the beach." 

Tiger sprang out from behind a clothes rack, "Reeeal close! We're going-"

Mandalay jumped over his head and covered his mouth with a glove, "-to the lake!" 

"..."

Why didn't Sakamata know about this?!