A vampire's tale - Chokers

Hi, I’m Jason. There isn’t much you need to know about me and I don’t really give a damn about you unless you have AB+ blood. Yes, you heard me right, blood. Anyway, I did not come here to chat to you about something as boring as being a vampire. I came to tell you the awkward moments, somehow especially with ladies; don’t ask me why, it just happens to us, a lot.

So anyway, I was walking down the street, looking out for my regular donor, she’s this really sweet blonde girl, her name is Katie, and she always seems to be up for lending me some of her life force. She said she would meet me down Saint John’s road. Now st Jonh’s is the kind of dingy back alleyway that you could perfectly picture some drug deal going down, or a pro hanging about. The list does go on, however it is fairly secluded, and she usually comes to me after getting drunk (not something I’m overly fond of, but beggars can’t be choosers).

I was waiting around 30 minutes before I decided to call her, holding my phone close to my face as I crossed my arms and tapped my foot against the concrete impatiently. When she picked up she sounded very drunk, most likely she was going to vomit, not a pretty smell when she would finally show up, I thought to myself as she slurred a “Heyyyy” down the phone.

“Where are you Katie, I’m waiting for you.” I had replied, hoping my stern voice would get to help her to get a move on, however it was in vein as she simply giggled before responding.

“Okie dokie Jason!” She called, before putting the phone down. Making me scowl as I glared down at the infernal device in my hands, tempted to smash it, but I simply ignored my rage and decided she would show up soon. How wrong was I?

I then proceeded to wait for another hour, having numerous police cars drive by me casually and ask me if I was alright, and what I was up to. But however polite they were their tones were laced with suspicion as they rolled up beside me. It was about the fifth time this happened that I actually got annoyed and openly scowled at them, causing them to just leave me alone. At least I didn’t see another cop car for the rest of the night. Thank god.

It was 12 now and I was getting real annoyed, that blonde brat had made me wait for 2 hours and she wasn’t even going to be sorry when she showed. I gritted my teeth in anger as I glared up at the sky, standing around like this was not my idea of a good evening.

I ended up hanging around for about 3 hours before she actually showed up, people eyeing me suspiciously as they had went past. She was dressed in a little black dress and actually looked rather good (even if my mood was very bad), if a little tipsy. She giggled as she walked past me and into the darkness and I was quick to follow. She seemed to be in rather a good mood as she slumped against the wall and looped her arms around my neck for support. Though she was light enough and I didn’t really care. I just wanted to drink from her and leave, I had been waiting all evening and I just wanted to go home.

I leaned in close and bit down slightly, only to feel something that certainly was not flesh in my mouth. Pulling away instantly I examined her neck and scowled to find a choker there with a small silver jewel hanging from it. In my blood lust I hadn’t even noticed the damned thing swinging from her neck, and now it was wet from a mix of blood and saliva and was slowly dripping down her neck. It was messy and quite frankly disgusting. And it put me right off my food.

After all of the waiting around and being made to look like a fool I wasn’t even hungry anymore. Worst night ever.