Chapter 3 - Mysterious Spirit

I stared in horror. I couldn't understand anything.

As Stewart screamed the hands that were beating me suddenly stopped.

I felt so dizzy. I couldn't even stand properly.

The next thing I knew when i opened my eyes was that I was in someone's house lying on a cot with the pot of honey lying besides me which Maria's mom gave and Stewart was sitting next to me.

"Are you alright?" he asked me when he saw that I was awake.

I felt like I knew him from many years. I felt like I had met him somewhere. But where?  It felt so awkward.

"Yes" I replied "I am fine"

He brought me some water.

"Have we ..umm..met before?" he asked.

I couldn't believe it! He also felt the same thing.

"What was that?" I asked him completelt ignoring his question as i drank the water.

It felt better. I stared at the house. It was much bigger than my house. I realized that it was Stewart's house when I saw a photo hanging on the wall in which Stewart was a small kid and a woman and a man standing on either side of him which i knew were his parents. Stewart looked as adorable as ever. I really love kids as i mentioned before. I felt like grabbing that kid out from the photo and hugging him. But ofcourse i couldn't, it was just a photo.

"Umm..what?" He asked me "You just fainted so i brought you to my house."

"No" I said "Not that. Someone was hitting me"

"Hitting you?!" he asked sounding as if he didn't knew about anything about it.

"Yes" i replied staring at his black eyes "It only stopped when you screamed."

"Uhh" he said uncomfortably. 

"What was all that?" I asked again.

"Well.." He said "It was a spirit"

I didn't knew what he was talking about. I just stared at him blankly.

He sighed "I think you should go home now"

I looked outside from the small window of his hut,

 IT WAS MORNING.

I stared at the window in horror

What about grandma? She must be so worried, without saying another word I managed to get up from the cot and stand on my own bare feet when a shooting painin my legs made me fall down from the cot again.

Seriously, I should get an award for falling down.

"What is wrong with me? Why do I keep falling?" I said in my mind so no one heard but me.

For a moment I thought it was that stupid spirit about whome Stewart was talking because of whome I fell on the ground yesterday when I realized that it was not a spirit but a THORN.

The same thorn which pierced in my leg last night.

It was still in my skin. It was hurting me so much that tears where coming out of my eyes.

Stewart soon came to know the reason of those tears when he saw me looking at my feet.

He bent down and gently pulled the thorn from my skin.

It didn't pain. Not even a bit.

I didn't knew how he did it so gently.

The pain was gone and I was finally back on my feet with the help of Stewart who had pulled me up and still had his hand around my waist supporting me. 

Maybe he thought that I was going to fall again or soemthing. Supporting me like that.