Chapter 1

Ok I want you to know whatever I out up there ^ has nothing to do with the chapter I just put it there for the hell of it.

Anyways on with the story

****************

*4 years later*

The worst thing a that can happen to a parent, other than your child dying, is your child crying themselves to sleep and you not knowing about it.

Being a parent you hope your child is nothing but happy with their life and you are doing everything right.

I never knew my child was crying until one night I woke up in the middle of the night. I didn't know what woke me up, but had this feeling in my stomach to go check on Sofia.

As I was walking down the hall I heard sobbing which brought me to walk faster.

I opened the door slowly and what I saw broke my heart.

Sofia was sitting up against the pillows with her head down and arms wrapped around her knees. She must have heard the door opened because she lifted her head up and looked at me. Then she cried harder.

That knocked me out of my stupor and I walked over to sit next to her. I then bring her to my lap and hold her close, shedding tears with her. I rocked slowly side to side to get her to calm down, which she eventually did.

After she was calm and her breathing was leveled I sat her up so I could see her face with the help of the moonlight and the butterfly night light next to the bed. 

"What's the matter baby girl?" I asked as I wiped her tears and she wiped mine.

"Why doesn't my daddy love me? All my friends have a daddy who loves them and is there for them, where is mine?" she said softly looking down at her hands they they had the answers to all her questions.

In all these years I always thought when she turned 18 I would tell her the truth. I never expected her as a 4 year old to be worried about anything other than dresses for her tea party and finally being able to get a net to practice with her volleyball. I knew she was very very smart and always picks up on things, which is another thing she didn't get from me.

I should have known seeing all the other kids with dads almost every where she went would want her to question where her's was, but how to you explain to your child that their father was never in the picture. That even I don't know who or where he is.

I must of been in my thoughts too long because Sofia was now looking as though she was going to start crying again still staring at her hands. Then I decided to just tell her the truth.

"Sweet heart, no don't cry, it's alright. Listen to me before you born mommy really wanted to have you. I knew you were the only thing that could make me happy. You know most kids have a mommy and a daddy, some have two mommies or two daddies, while others only have one parent. You see I knew I could take care of you on my own and me and you don't need anyone else. "

I paused to see if she was following along so far. I could see the little wheels turning in her head. 

"So I don't have a daddy? But I thought you had to have a mommy and a daddy to make a baby," she said finally looking up at me.

"You do, but I didn't take the way everyone else takes to have a baby. I decided that I wanted one and I didn't need anyone else to help me, so I went to this special place that helps people that want a baby get one. I'm sorry I didn't think about this sooner, It was very selfish of me to think you would never want a father," I said rubbing her back.

"So I do have a daddy out there somewhere, right mommy" She said looking hopeful and happy.

"Yes sweet heart somewhere out there you have a daddy, and if he was here he would love you just as much as I do" I said laying her down and tucking her in. 

"Can I meet my daddy one day?"

"I don't know sweet heart maybe the doctor made sure I didn't know who your father was," I said as I kissed her forehead.

"Well then I we can find him anyway," she said as she closed her eyes and went to sleep with a smile on her face. All of that crying really wore her out.

I shut the door and headed for my room already thinking of a plan to find Sofia's sperm donor.

**************************

SOOOOO THAT'S CHAPTER ONE OF TD!!!!

WHATCHA THINK????

THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS ARE GOING TO BE SHORT LIKE FOR REAL THIS TIME I'M NOT JUST GOING TO WRITE THIS THEN THE NEXT CHAPTER IS LIKE 3,598 WORDS LONG. I DID THAT LAST TIME AND DIDN'T FIND THE WILL TO FINISH IT (I WILL EVENTUALLY THOUGH).

ANYWAY MAKE SURE YOU VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!!

LOVE YOU GUYS AND SEE YOU NEXT TIME!!!😘✌🏾

BYEEEEEEEEE

WORD COUNT: 894