Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Day without you

Time skims like how a blossom withers without its liquid. An amount of strength, energy, and skills are perfect for us to enter the final selection. Quite amusing, Sakonji and my mom's teachings are different from each other. He is more strict than usual, nonstop practice until dawn. You'll only consume when you finished your duties.

 It was tough but worth the pain. It reached me to grow more abruptly. For both of them, the fact that both Giyu and Sabito are stronger than me makes me feel.....scared. Giyu and Sabito being the next water pillar, the successor of Sakonji, makes me want to join that pillar thing too. But for a demon like me? I don't think so.

"Are you ready?" Sakonji appears, giving me a mask to wear. It's said to be coated with a spell Sakonji made. To repel demons away. A Talisman mask made by Sakonji.

"Is this really necessary?" It's not that I don't like it. It's just necessary for me to bring it. What's the purpose of everything if I remain absent from the demons yet a lot of them lurk inside those borders.

"The two will wear it too. To not feel left out?"

"I'm fitting in just fine Sakonji."

**********

"Wisterias are all over, why aren't you affected?"

"I'm keeping my distance, it affects me if it touches me or I'm an inch away dumbass" I whirled my eyes. It's been half a year since I've been in touch with my kind. They don't even know who I belonged too nor I have the guts to say it. They'll hate me, Muzan, the death of all mankind, them knowing that I'm his spawn? shits gonna go down.

"Shitty stairs, why so many?" I tramped upward approximately at the meeting spot for all slayers who will make the final selection. Wisteria flowers all over me but I keep my distance as careful as I am.

"You know all you did throughout this journey was throwing shitty comments" I rolled heavenwards, all he did was an endless nag.

"I could agree more with Mika"

"See! even Giyu agrees with me" I lifted up my hand waiting for a delightful high five from Giyu. He rarely talks to me, he utters more when Sabito's around but inferior when with me. I've counted his short sentences when talking to me, while Sabito is outnumbered.