Chapter Thirty One

Tira found herself locked in Toya's room. Since she'd tried to help Bakugo, Shoto's classmate, escape, Shigaraki said she wasn't allowed to go anywhere without Dabi and if he wasn't with her she had to be locked in his room. Toya tried to reason with her that it was just temporary but she hated being locked up it made her feel like she was back in that facility her father had locked her in for years but with less friendly doctors and louder neighbors.

Toya and the others were having some sort of meeting in the bar and she was confined to Toya's room. After trying, in vain, to break out, she collapsed atop the bed wrapping her arms around herself in an attempt to comfort herself. Lacking the ability to feel anything without Toya touching her made it impossible for her to comfort herself with a touch. Tears spilled down her cheeks. At least at the facility people were constantly checking on her and she didn't feel so alone, one of them might have tried to attack her, but at least she wasn't alone.

As her thoughts darkened, she curled into herself and let out a soft cry. The faint cracking sound of ice stretching across every surface of the room and her quiet sobs filled the silence. The temperature plummeted as Tira cried silently in her frozen prison wishing desperately that Toya would come back and tell her they could leave, but she didn't think that would ever happen. She was starting to think he just kept promising her they'd run away together but they wouldn't. She felt a slight tugging sensation in her chest, it was a similar sensation she'd felt when she'd sensed Toya nearby at the mental health facility. It was different somehow, it wasn't Toya she was sensing, it was someone else.

"Dad?" She breathed softly scratching her nails into the ice around her carving the word 'help' into the ice.

A moment later there was an explosion in the direction of the bar. Her heart raced in her chest and she ran for the door. Had her father come to her rescue? She couldn't get the door to budge, they'd found locks her ice couldn't combat. It sounded like a fight had broken out in the bar.

"Dad!" Tira cried and placed her hands on the ice-covered door. Ice spikes shot out of the wall creating a horrifying frozen path to Tira's prison.

"TIRA?!" She heard her father's voice in the distance.

Ice began to spread from the hall and stretch toward the bar. "DAD!" Tira screamed and hit the door with all her might trying to get free. She heard a faint tearing sound; the sound of flesh being ripped apart. Some of the jagged ice on the door had cut through her hands. She ignored it and pounded on the door incessantly.

"TIRA?!" His voice was getting closer.

Enji stared in horror at the hall filled with ice spikes. He'd thought Tira was safe with her brother, and all this time she'd been a prisoner. He swore under his breath as he reached the door all the ice seemed to be centered around. He could hear Tira weakly trying to break it down and realized she must be locked inside.

"Tira back away from the door." He called to her softly, the moment he'd seen the word 'help' appear in ice on the ground in front of him he'd lost it forcing everyone to start the infiltration early he didn't even bother helping All Might or the others apprehend the villains he'd ran off in search of Tira the moment he realized she wasn't in the bar with the rest of them.

He launched a massive amount of fire at the door before kicking it with enough force it went flying off its hinges and smacked into the opposite wall. His heart leapt with joy as he spotted his eldest daughter tucked in the corner out of the doors line of fire. Tears streaked down her pallid cheeks, blood dripped from her hands but otherwise she seemed healthy and in one piece. She let out a soft cry the moment she saw him and dove into his arms.