Six

The Other Man

In every love story

In every love story

there will always be a third party

You wake up the hours later, you sit up gently, the feeling of exhaustion no longer there, the pain seems to be dull yet it was still there. After all you need to be positive, that something must be wrong, the dream was enough to make you functioning again. That if your King remember you, all you have to do is to bring back the memories of the two of you have.

But then as you look around, you saw a familiar man beside your bed. It was Kaiser, he was from the royal family of Vixen. The oldest son that is a year older from you, and one of the top student in the academy and was said to be, maybe he was the reincarnation of the demon king. But you refuse to acknowledge that, knowing you know who the real king is. Not that fake Avos Dilhevia.

You look at him closely, it's been a while since he paid you any visit. He does have big responsibilities given that many people have so many expectations from him. He was a good man after all, but you being you, once you have given your heart to someone you know you have no power take it back. You are only loyal and faithful to your one and only king.

But that doesn't mean you no longer have to care for anyone else, you are a former Goddess of love and the resurrection of it. You have every rights to give love to everybody you met and will meet. Because if you don't then who would?

You smile at Kaiser, grabbing your cover and place it on him. It was almost midnight anyways, you place it gently, making sure not to disturb his sleep. As you do so, you carefully drape your blanket on his shoulder. I slightly shift and snuggle close to your hand, making you freeze as you do so.

He open one eye, revealing his red eyes that reminds you of your lover at the same time reminds you of something. A reason why a part of you could never turn him down even though your heart belong to no one eles but Anos. He close his eyes once again, yawning and before you knew it you are already on his lap, your back facing him as he buries his face on your back, his arms warping around your stomach.

"I heard you're sick, I got worried so I came over as soon as I heard"

He finally let you go

You quickly sat on your bed, distancing yourself from him.

"I appreciate your good intentions but no need to do that for me"

You smile at him

"What kind of suitor am I if I didn't worry about you?"

He chuckle, he snap his finger and the lights open.

This time you take a good look on his face, his red eye glowing with admiration and love, no sign of hate and mischief at all. Unlike usual, he wasn't wearing any of his accessories, it was as if he was about to go to school when he heard you condition and decided to miss it instead of attending his class, well more like your classes for you two are classmates after all.

"You're hair isn't tied today"

You stated, absentminded reaching out to touch his long pink locks, far more colorful than Anos black ones.

"My looks isn't important as you are"

He stated, ruffling your hair

Something he does 2000 years ago

"Do you want me to get you something?"

He asked after folding your blanket and placing it back on the bed beside you

"A water would be nice"

You said with another smile on your lips

"Then water it is"

He said before giving you a kiss on the forehead before he proceed to went out of your room

As he gently close the door behind him, you laid back in your bed.

Kaiser Vixen, the resurrection of the God of Peace

You could remember it clearly, it was before Anos came into your life, you've always been close with the God of Peace. Far too close than any gods and goddess during that time. But then he have to go, just like the others. And just like the other's he never come back, leaving you alone in that forest which is now rest this land.

Too bad, He knew exactly who he is

and this time

he swore to himself

He'll be the one to have you

no matter what it cost