Fourteen

The Present

"Are you sure this is what you want?"

Anos look at his side, seeing Kaiser.

Yesterday's enemy is now a friend

"Perhaps this is a bit too much but I can handle it"

He smile to himself, a sad yet satisfied smile on his face as he watched you being held by another man which is now proclaimed as your husband.

"She doesn't have her memory with her here. And this should be my price to pay for forgetting her"

"That wasn't your fault nor hers"

"Still"

He look down, only to see you having at him while smiling, he smile back and wave.

"This would be the first and last time she will be taken by someone else"

"Wow, to think that you don't see me as the other man feels offensive at all"

"Because I don't"

Anos stated, started walking back to is castle after giving you your wedding gifts.

"You heading back already? the party's just starting"

Anos gave him a smile

"Ah"

Kaiser give him a nod and Anos continue to walk away.

Kaiser take a sip of his drink, watching you have your first dance with an attractive kind man.

"It must be hard"

He added, red eyes fixed on your form before looking back at his friend who was still can be seen in the distance.

Kaiser can see it, the way Anos shoulder start to shake, head looking down.

"Watching the only love of your life get married to someone else"

Kaiser once again look back at you, only to see you looking at Anos direction.

And hidden in those (eye color) iris was a feeling of longing, admiration and love.

A single tear escape his eyes before he quickly wipe it away, knowing even if he did cry his heart out like Anos, he never stood a chance.

Not even a tear would matter.