Chapter Six

By mid-afternoon that day, Aedion had come with a large pickup truck. By evening, they were in Orynth, Celaena dropping all her bags at the entrance of the mansion and running inside. Calls for Fleetfoot were heard from outside as she rushed upstairs.

Rowan huffed a sigh and picked up her suitcase.

Lysandra began walking out, Evangeline in tow. 'Hello, Uncle Chaol!' Evangeline said, bounding towards them.

'Don't call me that!' Chaol grumbled. 'You make me sound old.'

'Mr Westfall, then,' Evangeline amended.

'Too professional,' Dorian said, snickering. 'All he does is grunt all day and disappear off to who-knows-where.'

'Chaol.'

'There we are,' Chaol grunted.

'Hello, Dorian,' Evangeline beamed.

He wrapped her into a huge embrace, ruffling her hair. 'Hello, beastie.'

Lysandra sighed at the nickname. 'Honestly, I agree. This little one causes so much trouble - constant whys and why nots and I don't think I shalls.'

Aedion smiled at his adopted daughter, then his wife. 'Come on, Lys.'

Dorian stopped quickly. 'Where's Rowan?'

Aedion jerked a thumb at the house. 'Probably puking his guts up. He gets carsick, I think. But don't tell him I told you that.'

***

cuz the main plot here was a roadtrip, i think i'll leave it here. hope you enjoyed anyhoo at the attempted humour! aaaaaaand alex out *poof*