Waking Up

Xiao Zhan's pov:

'soft giggles. That's what I heard. And I was really familiar of them. How could I not be? They were of my precious baby brothers'. Apart from the giggles I couldn't hear anything else nor see. But slowly a view came in front of me in a blur. And yet again I was also familiar to it. It was the park near our apartment complexes.

I searched for the giggles. And the source was who I thought. A-yuan. He was wearing a faint yellow shirt with blue shorts. His smile always brightens my day. And then I searched for someone else. And there he was, on a swing, rocking himself back and forth. Well he was clearly struggling.

"Gege! Help!" I had expected it and a chuckle escaped from my throat. Ah, what a sight.

"Ok!"

No one but myself, knew what these embodiments of cuteness and energy meant to me. They were like buds. I would water them so they could grow into strong yet elegant flowers. And the process would bring me peace.

I pushed Shizui forward and later yuan. Like this, with each push a laugh would erupt from them and it would bring a familiar warmth in me. It's so peaceful.

"Zhan-ge! Let's play!" Without my response, he started to run forward with Shizui by his side. This should always remain like this. They should enjoy what I couldn't. And they shouldn't experience what I did.

Our parents weren't the best but actually the worst. They were the cause of my sleepless nights and my depression. Because of them I was drawn into the darkness, the world of self-critism. But these two lil, they were the ones who helped me escape. They are my heroes.

"No! You're our hero!!" Shizui shouted from a distance. Huh? How did he know what I was thinking? But this thought didn't stay for long as I notice where he was standing. It was a god damn cliff!! How the hell is there a cliff in the park?! A-yuan!! Where is he?!! I started to run towards Shizui while frantically searching for yuan.

"A-yuan! Shizui! Come forward to me!" And so like I started to shout. Much to my relief, Shizui started to walk towards me. But then suddenly started to cry as I hugged him. He won't stop crying but I heard those words.

"Ge, a-yuan! A-yuan h-hurt." And it was like my soul left my body. Zhan get yourself together. He probably isn't hurt much.

"Where?" Concern could easily be spotted in my voice. I followed where his fingers were pointing to and it suddenly turned dark. The sun had set and the moon had rose. Yuan was sitting under a tree crying while his knee seemed to have a cut on it. My poor bunny.

"A-yuan!"

"Gege!" I ran towards him and immediately tried to find a way to treat his wound.

"Z-zhan-ge....wake up." With utter confusion I looked at him to find him looking at me with those tearful eyes. Besides me was Shizui and he also muttered the same set of words to me. And soon the place around me started to grow dark as they continuously said the same words and soon it became dark for me.'

I felt a jolt of energy rush through me. I opened my eyes and only saw the white ceiling. After regaining a bit of consciousness a felt a bit of pain in my leg and when I moved my hand towards it was only when I realised the series of events that had happened. Suddenly my two babies came in my mind and I started to look around me. It was certain that I was in a hospital room. And I didn't like that I couldn't remember what happened to them.

I vigorously started to shake in my place and moved up and only then did a man appeared from the door....