first talk

"oh you're awake." He had called the doctor already and they were now checking me. After they left I turned my attention towards him.

"Who-"

"Well I'm the one who helped u all. I saw u running and then suddenly u fell down. The lil boys are in another room. Got a fever but don't worry."

"Um thank u." I looked down at my lap. Not knowing what to think and say. A stranger helped us and I haven't really ever experienced such kindness.

"What's your name?" His voice was cold yet soft.

"X-xiao Zhan..."

"Well I'm Wang Yibo."

I just nodded and didn't utter anything afterwards. Because I didn't know what to say. He would soon leave and I have to now think of how we're going to live. If it was just me, I could suffer on the streets too but now it included the buns. I would never let them suffer. We escaped to live so now I'm gonna provide them happiness to live in. But all this is causing me a headache. I seriously don't know and I'm hopeless.

I groaned finally feeling the throbbing pain in my head. I use my hands to support my head.

"What happened?" That soft voice asked me as he stepped forward close to me. His hand goes on my back to rub it.

"Headache...argh" the pain's increasing.

Soon enough he brings me the medicine and water. I took the tablets and after in taking them, he helps me to lay back down.

But I feel restless, with out seeing my brothers.

"Where are they?"

"Who?" His eyes held a bit of confusion that made me give a small unnoticeable smile.

"My brothers. The lil boys."

I don't know if it was my imagination but his body seemed to relax as his face held a gentle look now.

"I told u, they're in another room. They've been given their dose so they're taking a nap. U just rest..."

But how could I rest knowing the troublesome future. I need to find a job and a place to live fast. I didn't even know I was drowning hard while looking at the white ceiling. But a cold finger was pressed on my forehead soothing the wrinkles.

"What's wrong?" He seemed so casual as if we've known eachother for quite some time.

"Nothing." I was not comfortable with this. We were practical strangers and his casualty didn't settle well with me.

"U can tell me. Take it as paying me back my kindness."

Huh?! Well sharing my burdens and negativity can never be a nice way of paying back for his kindness! But his small, warm smile didn't do any good as my mouth opened itself and words came out involuntarily.

"I..I ran away from home. With my brothers. It's...hell. it's not a home. Our parents.. can't be called parents. I could take their hits and abuse but I can never...never take the view of my lil buns experiencing that. I had being doing everything to keep them s-safe but I still fa-failed. I d-didn't even know and they were already h-hurting behind my b-back. So I....we finally escaped but our f-father chased us. And maybe u know what happened next.."

I tried to wipe off the tears but before my hand was even halfway,his hands came up and gently wiped them off.

What is with this man?! Why is he so kind?! I don't, I don't understand!! No one is kind!

"W-why are so kind to me?"

"Because u deserve it."

I...did?

I didn't reply back and closed my eyes to rest my heart. I wouldn't lie but his small gestures made my heart beat faster. I haven't experienced such kindness and gentleness in my whole life. I relaxed my body for the time being. I'll worry and exhaust myself later.

Apart from his great personality, he didn't lack in looks. His eyes were warm to me. Those abyss seemed endless. His jaw was quite sharp while his skin was a bit pale and smooth. Also his lips...they were beautiful. Looked so soft and kissable. I'm happy for whoever has him.

"Rest well", was what I heard before losing consciousness.

Wang Yibo pov:

What the hell is wrong with me?!!

Like why am I being so soft and gentle with him!! Am I sick?

I put a hand on my forehead but shook the thought away.

"I should probably see a doctor. Because I know what I'm doing is really out of character for me."

I walked out of the room and called home. I had informed gege of the incident because I know his caring ass won't rest well without knowing abt my whereabouts.

After the call I just sat there. I thought. Thought back to those for eyes, those lips and the cute mole beneath the lips. His melodious, honey voice still remained in my mind. Don't know why I'm glad after knowing it was his brothers.

'do I like him? Maybe it's just momentary attraction. A small crush maybe. We won't go far anyway.'

With a shrug I stood up and walked out of the hospital. I still had office work to attend.

The hospital would inform me when he would discharge. So I have no worries for now. Though should I ask him more? Like where would he go now? What is he gonna do now, with the lil boys by his side to be protected?

"Maybe I should help him."