ii. coachella

i

Coachella weekend has finally made its way into the desert, bringing a certain green-eyed singer to lie dead asleep in a chaotic bedroom, in the middle of Palm Spring, as her naked body hits the cold temperature of the rented house.

"Lauren," the singer hears between her deep sleep as she feels dry lips leaving kisses on her neck. "Babe."

As Lauren senses her body return to reality, an overwhelming headache creeps up on her, along with nausea that soon begins to fill her body. She slowly opens her eyes, adjusting them to the natural light coming in through the large windows overlooking a big pool. She blinks rapidly for a few seconds, before scanning the room: clothes thrown everywhere, the bedspread lying on the floor, and lying completely naked right next to her, a very familiar face, with whom she has spent the last two weeks glued to the hip.

"Morning," Lauren lets out with a very raspy voice, looking up at the ceiling as she covers her eyes with the palm of her hand.

Following her breakup with Keana, Lauren reached out to Ashley, sicking some kind of distraction from her friend, something that the model used to give her despite the cold nature of their relationship. And obviously, Ashley was more than happy to be there for her friend, to finally have her friend back. The same friend with whom she had shared so many nights filled with booze, drugs, and friendly hookups. So many drunken nights that, with a blink of an eye, turned into drunken mornings. So many drunken nights that were quick to banish after Lauren was admitted into rehab five months ago.

"We overslept," Ashely says she says getting out of bed slowly before grabbing a bottle of water that was lying on the bedside table. "We need to get ready right now or we won't make it to Colson's set."

"What time is it?"

"Like four in the afternoon."

Lauren groans covering her head with a pillow. "I don't wanna go. I'm too hungover."

Ashley laughs sarcastically as she puts one of Lauren's oversized t-shirts that has been lying on the floor since last night, or well earlier that morning. "You know you have to go," she says picking up sweats from one of Lauren's messy suitcases, before approaching her friend. "You literally made Beto move your entire schedule just to come here." Lauren rolls her eyes at the mention of her manager. "Plus we need to be there for Colson at his set. It's his first time at Coachella. We can't miss that. We need to get fucked up with him to celebrate."

"We are already throwing him a party later. Isn't that enough?" Lauren asks, the pillow still resting over her head.

"I'm throwing him a party. You are just staying here." She states. "Come on, babe. Your makeup team is probably already outside waiting for you." Ashley leaves the sweats on the bed, looking at a motionless Lauren. "How about you get changed and I'll make you a drink. How does a couple of mimosas for breakfast sound?" Lauren doesn't even move a finger. "Gin and tonic?"

Lauren takes the pillow off her head, looking at Ashley out of the corner of her eye for a few seconds. "Whatever," she mutters standing up from the bed revealing an almost naked Lauren; a small thong clinging to her pale body.

Having Ashley back in her life meant a lot of things for Lauren. It meant having someone in her life that would never judge her for all those habits she is used to carrying around. Not just that, but, also having someone who shares all those habits with her. Habits like having a little too many joints while reading a book. Habits like relaying on booze for a smile. Habits which are often judged by all her closest friends.