Kirito x Asuna Special Chapter: Honeymoon

"Kirito what kind of place will it be? Aren't you going to tell me in advance?"

Asuna clung at my arm as we exited the plane. We just landed in Kyoto and it's currently six in the morning, the first morning after our wedding.

"Secret." I held our luggage with my other free hand while I held Asuna's hand with the other.

"Ugh! Come on! Well then, let's hurry! I'm excited!" She lets go of my hand and ran towards the car that we rented for the whole stay. I chuckled at her excitement and caught up to her.

We drove for about five hours while playing our favorite songs on the radio as I listen to Asuna sing along a couple of lines. I'm not surprised, she has a very good voice. I even teased her about auditioning or something but Asuna would just hit me and tease me back about my dancing.

We finally reached the same Cabin I have reserved a couple of months ago.

"Kiritooooo! Why didn't you tell me about this?! It's so beautiful!" Asuna dashed out of the car towards the log cabin.

The Log House is a small, round log cabin located in a round open grass field, surrounded by a thick coniferous forest. The house is surrounded by a wooden fence with a wooden gate, has a few patches of moss growing on the walls, and blends in with the nature surrounding it. The one-story house consists of only two main rooms: the large living room and the bedroom, as well as a small room used as a storeroom near the living room, kitchen, and bathroom. The living room has a round wooden table, a wardrobe, a full-body sized mirror beside the cutlery sideboard, while the bedroom has two beds, a photo wall, and a balcony that overlooks the large lake just a small distance from the house, as well as the surrounding hilly terrain, thus providing a gorgeous view from it. The house also has a small terrace at the entrance.

Asuna slowly opened the door of the cabin and I saw her gasped as her eyes rummage at the outer design of the house. I felt so proud for making her happy like this. All the hard work I have paid just to get this house paid off. Deep in my heart, I was thankful to live up to this moment to witness Asuna's smile. Seeing her happy makes me happy, but the best thing is when you know that the cause of her happiness is me. I was the one who made her happy.

I just stood there in a daze, smiling like a complete idiot as I watch every single move Asuna make. Somehow, it feels unfair that someone like me married someone like Asuna. It's like I have taken all the luck the whole world has but I shook my head. It wasn't luck that brought us together, I worked hard for this, I work hard so that Asuna would choose me, and she did at her own will. I chose her, she chose me, and thus, we sealed it with the vow that would be renewed every day, for the rest of our lives.

"Kirito!" Asuna ran back to me when she was about to step in the house. "I'm sorry! I was too excited! Here, let me help!" She tried to take the backpack that was on my shoulder but I stopped her before she could fully have it.

"No. Wait. It's okay, I can carry all of them." I gave her a smile. I want Asuna to enjoy every second we spend her. She's my queen, I can't afford to burden her with anything.

"You're my husband, not my porter! Besides, it's not heavy." She gave me a small kiss on the cheeks before walking back to the cabin. "Hurry up husband! I want us to get in together!"

"Geez, okay, okay!" I caught up to her and both of us held the door knob together. "Okay, here goes!" Both of inhaled deeply before counting in fusion, "One, two, three!"

"Whoaa it's so beautiful!" Her eyes sparkled as she studied the interior design but mine never left Asuna.

"I knew you'd love it." I walked close to her who is standing in the middle of the living room and kissed the top of her head while slipping my hand around her waist.