"I love you, both of you." Part II

It was dusk. The bird's chirping resounds in their ears along with the soft gust of the wind that perfectly matched the surrounding—a coniferous forest around the open grass field where stood a beautiful log cabin. Although it was small, it perfectly fit Kazuto's family.

"Kirito-kun, hurry up! I want to see it!" Asuna urged.

While walking slowly from behind, Kazuto chuckled and looked down at the tiny human being in his arms, gently rubbing his face with the back of his index finger. "Geez, mommy is really excited, huh?"

As a response, the child looked into his eyes, listening to his father as he muttered words he couldn't comprehend, yet, he reciprocated the smile with his adorable toothless grin.

Asuna tugged Kazuto's hand which brought him back to his senses. "Is there something wrong?" she asked.

Unknown to him that he had completely stopped walking as he looked at Asuna who was wearing a perplexed face. However, what he envisioned was different. The faded orange in the sky reflected perfectly on her face as if her whole being glistened along with the heavens. For a moment he wondered how could a beauty too extortionate be called human that he believed that she was Goddess from above that existed on Earth.

His lips moved, muttering a muffled sound of "You are really beautiful..." as he was too astonished by her sight.

"W-Why all of the sudden?!" A rush of bright red rose to Asuna's cheeks upon hearing those words as she averted her eyes from him and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear with her free hand.

Watching her like this made Kazuto's heart thump at a faster pace that he squeezed her hand a bit.

"I really mean it," he smiled at her.

Unexpectedly, he pulled her closer to him and once their faces were centimeters away from each other, he quickly yet softly planted a kiss on her forehead.

As they parted, he gazed into her beautiful hazel eyes once more with purely nothing but sincerity declaration of his love for her.

He gently caressed her cheeks and said softly, "The most beautiful, strong, and loving person I've ever met." Along with a giggle, he turned to the infant in between them. "Isn't that right, tough guy? Mama is amazing, right?"

There was a brief two-second silence before he replied with a soft giggle from Kaizu.

Flustered at this, Asuna's whole body became numb in an instant. Looking back at the two pairs of eyes gazing directly at her in a loving way, that instant, she was convinced that there was nothing more she could ask for.

Left dumbfounded, no words were able to explain the overwhelming emotions surging deep inside her. With a strained voice, the only thing that came out of her lips at this moment was his name. "Kirito..."

"Come on, let's go home." He held her hand tightly then tugged her through the wooden path until they were in front of a house.

Kazuto was the first one to step on the porch still holding the now-sleeping Kaizu.

"Are you ready?" he held onto the doorknob with Asuna in front of him, clasping her hands together in excitement. Kazuto slowly pushed the wooden door open and the interior design came into view.

"Welcome home, Mrs. Asuna Kirigaya," he said softly before guiding her inside.

The first thing that welcomed Asuna was the sweet smell of cedarwood with a little bit of Kazuto's scent. The house is well furnished with its furniture neatly placed at its designated spots. It was falling in mid-October but the house provided an affording warmth and ease. Everything was already in order, from the living room, the kitchen, as well as the rest of the rooms.