Chapter 14 : Second Day of the Trip

The next day, they separated in three groups. They would do the same activities but in a different order to not be too many at the same time in a small area. Boris and Max decided to be in the same group. The man wasn't stupid, he knew that something was happening between Max and Jane, so why not giving her a little help. While the group were forming, a young boy in a wheelchair approached the redhead.

- "Hey."

- "Hi Gary, how are you?" Max asked with a gentle tone.

- "I'm fine. I wanted to apology for my behavior. I was struggling with a fake confidence and I thought that dating a pretty girl would help me to feel better about myself, but I was wrong, and I went too far with you and Jane."

- "It's very nice of you, Gary. I accept your apologies."

- "Thank you. You're a very good person, Jane is lucky."

- "Not as much as I am."

The boy weakly smiled before rolling away. Max saw him going to Jane and understood he was apologizing to her too. She was happy for him, he was a nice boy, he just lost himself when he arrived here, but now he seemed to feel better.

Now that the groups were made, each of them separated to go to their first activity. Max was excited by this one, she was sure Jane would love it. It was a visit of "The birds house", and she saw that there were rainbow lorikeets inside.

The ride wasn't long, the place was near the hostel. When they arrived, Boris and Max could see the excitement on their faces. They were feeling like teachers with their students, it was a funny sensation. It was more looking like a farm than a house, which relieved a little bit the redhead, the birds were free at least. Boris and Max paid for the entrance tickets and gave them to the others.

The owner made the visit to explain them how he was taking care of his birds, what species they were, and all this information. Max was amused because Jane already knew all of these, but the brunette still seemed fascinating by the place. He arrived near parrots who went on his arm and let the group trying to have the bird on their own arm. Some didn't want to, but Jane didn't hesitate, she had always wanted to have a bird on her arm. While she was looking at the animal, Max was taking pictures of this moment. The therapists tried it too, making laugh the patients who were happy to see them in another situation than for their reeducations.

But Jane completely forgot about the parrots when she noticed a small bird full of colors. The rainbow lorikeet was just here, right in front of her. It was so much more beautiful in real life than in picture.

- "Max! Look!"

- "Yeah, the page 32!" the redhead smiled.

- "It's so beautiful."

Jane took support on her arms. The redheads understood that she was trying to stand, so they ran to her to help her. Once the crutches in her hands, she slowly walked to the flying rainbow. Jane took support on her left side, which wasn't a really good idea, but she wanted to hold out her hand to it.

Max wrapped her arms around Jane's waist to help her and took the right crutch in her hand.

Jane smiled and raised her hand. The bird looked at it before flying to her hand. Jane didn't dare to say something, not wanting to scare the small bird.

Max wanted this moment to last forever, she was holding the girl she was loving in her arms, she couldn't dream of a better moment. Well, if Boris wasn't taking pictures of them with a wide smile right next to them, it would be less creepy, but it was better than nothing.

- "Max?"

- "Yeah?"

- "I need to sit."

- "Sure."