Chapter 8: Family Time

It had been two months since Jackson's attempt to find out what was inside the Trask's off-site facility and two months since he almost died... again. Jackson is currently alone in the bunker, having given his team the day off (save the on duty techs at Trask Conglomerate). Jackson currently held his body off of the ground on a metal bar and began his trek up the Salmon Ladder he had erected in the bunker. Jackson executes his pull up and gets the bar up and over onto the next rung. He continues to do this for the succeeding six rungs before he then reverses the exercise. Jackson can still feel the pain from where he was shot in the back and arm with three Teflon coated arrows. Jackson shakes his head and returns his focus to continuing his strength building exercises before he cools off.

After he takes a drink of water Jackson takes three runs through the various structures to aid in his parkour training. Each time he runs through the course he shaves off several seconds from each time. After another quick cool down break Jackson shifts to his martial arts training dummies. He begins practicing with escrima sticks, working on his speed and strikes by targeting three poles imagining they are three opponents. When he is finished with this exercise he shifts to the wooden practice dummy used in most Chinese martial arts to practice strikes and blocks. When he is done drinks some water and then moves to the Kyoketsu-Shoge. While he was familiar with the principal of the weapon he had never trained with one before his injury. He started out slow, removing the knife blade to learn how to first manipulate the chain. It took great practice as the basic spins were easy but then when he added weight to the knife end to simulate the real weapon he had to re-master the basic control. He then added a dull knife to the chain (of equal weight) to get a real feel for the weapon. Once he got to the point of not letting the knife touch him he finally graduated to practicing with the real weapon, which was where he was at now.

The last part of his training regime for the day is archery practice. Jackson tossed eight tennis balls into the air at one time and after one bounce began shooting at each ball. Jackson struck each tennis ball perfectly and pinned them to the target wall in seconds. Jackson launched another volley of eight and managed to not only pin them to the target wall but did so in quicker succession. With his workout complete Jackson exited the part of the bunker reserved for his Arrow persona. While several of his associates knew about the room and what was in it only one had ever seen him all decked out in his suit. Only the most trusted of his associates knew why Jackson had created this alter ego but they would not divulge that information. Jackson walked over to his desktop computer and keyed in his password to reactivate his profile. When the windows machine rebooted Jackson saw his desktop photograph, his family. It was a picture of his beautiful wife Rocki, his two amazing twins were sitting on each of her legs with Jackson sitting behind them hugging the trio.

Despite the need for him to solve the mystery of what the Trasks were hiding from him Jackson took one more glance at the image in front of him and made an important decision. Stowing all of his gear, Jackson walked over to the bathroom that he had installed into the bunker and washed his days workout off his body. Once clean he pulled out a set of casual clothes from his storage locker and after shutting down his desktop and activating the security system left his office.

When he got to his car Jackson turns on the power but does not yet start the engine to his silver Lucid Air electric car. Jackson waits for his phone to sync with his car and when the connection is made pulls up the list of his contacts and dials Janine Andrews phone number. The phone rings twice and then is picked up.

"Jackson Fuller's office, Janine Andrews speaking." The young woman answers.

"Hello Janine it's Jackson."

"Hello sir, how are you today?" Janine asks her boss.

"I'm doing well Janine. I just wanted to let you know that I am going to be heading out, if you need me call my cellphone. Also, unless it's an important call just take a message and E-mail me the list of who I need to call back at the end of the day." Jackson tells his assistant.