D|25×

I raise my arms, laughing. Kareem shakes his head. "Its now 12-2." I sigh. "Hard-work forever pays." I look at him. "Now since I won two, I want a new cooker and for you to stop playing this game for a week and get some good night rest." He chuckles defeatedly.

"A deal is a deal." I cross my arms. "Agreed, now my turn." I nervously play with my hands. "Why do you want?"

"You." He pulls me to his lap, making me giggle. I cup his face with my hands. "Im more expensive than 12 points but I'm kind." He stares at me. "That's fair."

I hug him tightly, feeling his arms around me when a dings sets off. "Why can't we just ignore it?" He releases me as I stand to my feet. "We don't know, it might be a family member." He stands up, stretching before walking out of the room.

I throw on a jalabia to be able to meet the guest. I step out of my room to see Bilkisu. She turns to look at me with anger all over her face while Kareem is sitting on the sofa. "You leave me for this?" She points at me. "Don't." He sternly warns.

She scoffs. "Now you even defend her. You're despicable. Do you think women are just something you get and throw away?" She bites her bottom lip. "I loved you. I still love you." He sighs as she steps closer to him.

"Bilkisu, let's talk outside." He suggests before she hugs him. "I miss being in your arms." She mutters loud enough which makes me wonder how many other women were in his arms the same way I was a few minutes ago.

"Bilkisu!" He firmly call her, pushing her away from him gently. "Out." He walks her out but she tries to resist. "She's not even worth it." She shouts before he shuts the door, the house falling silent again.

I sit on the sofa. Is this how he'll treat me? What makes me being with him so special? He's done it and felt this with other women. He might actually believ its love till he gets bored and dumps you. In my case, it's either a divorce or a new girlfriend.

"You'll pay for this!" I hear Bilkisu shout then silence again. The door swings open and shut, Karen walking in. "I'm sorry for that." I shake my head with a tight lipped smile on my face. "It's fine, you hungry?" I turn walking to the kitchen.

I hear him following me from behind. "We're done, yasmeen." I chuckle, shaking my head. "Of course you are." I push the door, sauntering to the drawer where the pots are kept. "What's the problem exactly?" I place it on the gas cooking as it clangs. "How am I sure you won't just toss me to the side too?" I raise my head to look at him.

He furrows his brows. "Because of what she said? It doesn't matter." He steps closer. "It does to me, what will happen to us then?" He holds my arms, looking into my eyes. "What will happen to us? Nothing because I love you and not her." I pull my arms away from him. "You said you loved her too."

"I never did, besides, what matters is you and only you. Don't you get it?" I shake my head and he smiles. "I don't care for myself anymore, I only care for you. I don't care what I have to go through as long as you're happy and if you're not, I need to find a reason to make you happy. You're my anchor." He holds my shoulders before I hug him.

"Don't let her words get to you." He adds. "I'm sorry, I'm just—just being paranoid for no reason." He holds me tighter, resting his head on mine. There is. Bilkisu is a beautiful independent and successful woman who truly loves him and what am I? A broken rape victim with issues with herself and her family. Mind you, still a student and living off of him.

I know, I'm being insecure but, he's too good to be true and I feel this happiness will be short lasting. He pulls away, cupping my cheeks. "I love you, Yasmin." He continues to look into my eyes like he's trying to find the answer there. I smile weakly. "I love you too."